Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calling All Year One Fd Students!

Hi Evryone!

Just wanted to see how everyone was getting on now we are almost at the end of our first full term on the FD!

Mine is going really well, although I did get a little bit agitated this evening at college. We had to do presentations in small group seminars and one particular person has a really bad, and in my opinion, inconsiderate habit of shouting above others and putting off other people.

I approached her and said in a nice way, not being funny, but your shouting put our group off and although I understand you were doing a 'role play presentation', it would have been nicer for the others if you had given us some warning so we knew that you were going to be noisy and possibly disturb others.

She laughed in my face and shrugged off what I was saying to her like I was crazy!!! :o

I was so cross that I went outside and had a cigarette, but still didn't feel any better.

Other than that I am loving work and the FD (the deputy is still trying her damndest to get a reaction from me...) and I just wanted to say well done to all of you because I know how difficult full time work and study is (especially with Natalie in tow...!) and also to see how everyone else was getting on.

I was doing very well before my mums sister died then I have been struggling to study since. Unitl this week, did some work on Friday pm, Sat pm none on Sunday out all day hic hic, little reading Monday and nothing Tuesday. Dad was in hospital so did ablouty nothing! xD Today will be fun, get new tire for car, go collect dad if needed, look for job, then if I have time do some work on Developing Child 1 study task needs to be done by christmas. :o

DC1 study task I am struggling we have to start our introduction.....In a day care setting in a depirved area........ this does not make sense to me. :rolleyes: xD then we sit a 2 hour seen paper on behaviour. :(

Core skills for FD boring subject, I cannot get moviatied to do the portfolio tasks, very repeative work. as to be in by the middle of Jan. :wacko: :(

and then my favioute module Personal Development and Management 1, we get all year to study on this, so we can work on our tasks when we need to without worrying to much. :D:(

Anyway I am still waiting for my funding lettter to come trough. I have been given a letter by my school placement oh and its a lovey letter, saying that I am welcome to attend placement for the rest of the acdemic year as I make a postive contrubution to the Foundation Stage Unit! :D

Beth

Clare I am loving the course, I have just finished my first assignment, a 4000 word report entitled The reflective practitioner, I have enjoyed researching and feel I am learning so much, I feel so enthusiastic about it, my only wish is the usual one, wish I had more time for it, so much to do in normal everyday life isn't there??

Anyway I believe the mental stimulation helps to motivate you in all areas, so one more assignment before Christmas and then I will be having a mini break!!

Lots of virtual hugs to you Beth, you have had such a difficult time lately, it must be really hard to study, I really do feel for you at this time, sending you best wishes and lots of virtual support.

Thanks for asking Clare.

Hi All,

Really enjoying the course, although the course uni doesn't seem to know arse from elbow. I attend 1-9 1 day a week and we have 4 lectures. We have had 3 assignments all 2000 words each on Families, child psychology and interpersonal communication and have 3 exams next term on each.

Already our child psychology assignment date has had to be deferered to next term because our lecturer left after 2 weeks and it took them 3 weeks to find a replacement.

I'm a bit nervous at first assignment as not sure if I have what it takes to do an academic essay. Not written any form of essay for 12years but then again its all learning.

Net x

He he I am sudenly doing well :( , I have sat down for the last couple of afternoons looking at my Developing Child study task and reading up on relevant information. Well I started writing my introduction and first pargraph of the main body of it so I had around 150 words. Well what can I say I sat down with my book and looked at classical condtioning and wrote around 400 words. :D

What I want to know is were does it all come from? xD I still have 1500 words to play with, aggghhh I hope I don't use them all up before I get to the end. :( I just hope that I am on the right track otherwise it will all be in vain! :(:o

I think that I will have the mjority done by Thursday fingers crossed, I need more books to look at but theres none left in the college libary and my local libary as nothing at all its rubbish! Maybe I should find a book shop with a cafe and start looking at books and getting info from there not!!!! :wacko:

Beth

have you tried google books?

you can access whole texts on there only thing is you have to read from the screen Im having to this for my first assignment (as I was a late applicant my smart card isnt ready to use in the library and as its a 50 mile round trip and I work full time its difficult to get there during staffed hours )

http://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8

http://books.google.com/books

Edited by Marion

Hi Beth1

Good to here your doing well and everyone else :D - I've only just finishing DPP so got all this to look forward to, have looked at it but want a break first and give the kids some time :D

Anyway end of ramble and too the point. My local library is very small too so hasn't got a lot of books however what I could do was order books over the internet at 25p a time from any library in the county. Maybe your library has this facility too!(I'm from Kent) I was given a PIN no. and web address for them then once you've entered their web site you just search e.g Child Psychology, then it comes up with all the books in the county relating to that subject. Unfortunately you don't get a synopsis on the book so you have to judge it by the title but it worked for me most of the time! They phone when the book as arrived at your local library and you pay the 25p on collection (For the phone call to say apparently!). Hope this helps.

CupOT

HI I am studying for the Eyp FD

Can any one help with my assignment I have had to plan, implenment and display four activites now i need to write an evaluation about it all and don't know where to start have got a mental block also have had to do a mini child study have the obs written up plus the piles now have to write 3000 words about it but where does one start....

feeling out of my depth here as i am more a hands on person not a writer.

all advice welcome

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)