Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Predicting Ks1 Levels Using Fsp

We also have to predict KS1 SATs results at the end of YR :o I usually go with my gut instinct because some children are just "taking off" and therefore to base their predictions on their FSP scores is a bit risky. However, if children are scoring 9 on the profile they should be dead certs for level 3 :D

Guest tinkerbell

Sorry Judy,Susan is right.....there is no one offering advice because you shouldn't do it.The foundation curriculum is what it says a foundation curriculum based on 6 areas of learning.The National Curriculum is a different curriculum they are not supposed to 'tie in'as far as assessment goes.

You can have a 'gut' feeling about it all but it isn't fair to the children,I don't think :o

Tinkerbellx

FSP lead at the NAA, Jan du Biel says (And I quote loosly as I don't have my notes in front of me) "there is no statistical correlation between the FSP and KS1 outcomes" and "you cannot predict KS1 outcomes from the FSP"

Straight from the horses mouth, I was about 2 tables away from him at his presentation to LA assessment managers.

He does say that if a child is achieving 6 or more across all areas of the FSp then you might reasonably assume that with continued quality first teaching they would continue to do well in KS1, but that's as far as it goes!!!

I trust in Jan - he knows his stuff.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)