Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dancing Stars!

We are padding out our Christmas production with some dances.

My class are doing a star dance (which I have yet to choreograph!) and I was hoping some of you could recommend some good music. So far the best I have found is a couple of tracks from a Jean-Michel Jarre CD but I have a feeling that his music was used a couple of years ago.

I'm sure there are lots of other suitable songs out there - I just can't think of them?!

Any ideas folks?

Hi there, if you're after "professional" music on CD, our stars in dance to the waltz of the sugar plum fairy from the nutcracker suite. Lovely music, lovely dance

I have used instrumental disney songs such as Beauty and the beast or when you wish upon a star. There is a dance song called shooting star and 'youre a superstar'. It depends ifyou want a slow or fast song?

I've used Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals before for snowflake dancing. It's very tinkly and could do well for stars too! We happened upon it one snowy day and it seemed to fit the bill. Later in the year when we were doing pets as a topic we used it again for a fish dance. It was interesting to see the children's reaction. Many remembered it and the previous context but were still able to see it in a new light and move in a different way.

AOB

:D ha, this question gets posted every year, so a forum search might provide some light! (no pun intended :o ).

But we used Frank Sinartra (spelling?) - Swinging on a Star, which was cool!

Thanks for your ideas everyone...

Found a fab sci-fi selection CD and we have now done a dance to 2001 Space Odyssey - very dramatic music... just perfect!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)