Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas Please Weddings

Celebrations is our topic this half term we are soon going to be covering weddings has anybody got any ideas for activities based on this topic, got a few ideas but am now stuck not covered this topic before so all ideas gratefully recieved Thanks

maybe look at how different faiths / cultures celebrate weddings.

Peggy

I've always fancied the Greek throwing of plates, and money being pinned to the bride and groom. :D

i put up a similar request last year for ideaqs based around weddings & got some great responses - have you tried doind a keyword search of the forums - think you wil find it there. used alot of the ideas & the topic went really well. have fun xx

We are covering weddings next week within our topic of Cinderella. We're going to hold a wedding in Nursery on Friday, complete with bride and groom, bridesmaids, pageboys, photographer, wedding reception, etc.

The children have been involved in the planning. This week they have been sending wedding invitations to each other. As a multi-faith school, we have been lucky to have photographs from parents of weddings in different cultures and have looked at different wedding dresses and outfits.

Through the week next week, we are baking and cooking for the reception. We are also making hats and button holes to wear to the wedding, along with jewellery and tiaras. On Friday, we are all coming to Nursery in our best clothes (no messy activities today!). We shall do a simple civil ceremony, followed by photographs and confetti throwing. We'll then sit down for our Reception meal (sandwiches, home-made fairy cakes). I have bought cake boxes in three different sizes which I will glue together and let the children decorate. This will do as our tiered wedding cake. Then we'll have dancing and music playing.

We're really looking forward to it!

Thanks everyone some great ideas to use I sent home a letter last week so I'am hoping the parents will bring in photos etc so we can look at different cultural ceremonies! Lucky enough to have a collegue whos been to a Greek wedding so got pictures from her looking forward to it now. Thanks again!!

We have been doing weddings as well. This week we are preparing for the wedding of shrek. The children will dress up as fairy tale characters and prepare the wedding banquet of yukky disgusting food. The children really surprised me at the beginning of this topic as they all had absolutely no idea why we actually get married!

We did weddings last year.

Lucky for me my TA still had her wedding dress from the fifities and several of my parents brought in their wedding dresses ranging from the early 80's to the present day. We looked at the different styles, fabrics, compared old and new.

One brave parent put hers on to show the children.

Along with the photos we had several wedding videos of parents and staff. Again we compared old and new, the different settings for weddings, church, beach etc.

As i teach in a church school. We had a mini wedding in the church led by the vicar. The parents were invited as guests. We had a wedding party and all the children made hats and wore their best clothes.

I really enjoyed it ( i was planning for my own wedding at the time) and can't wait to do it again ( i shall be able to show my wedding dress and video this time).

We had a 'wedding' in our pre-school unit last year as part of a Celebrations topic - it was really great fun and everyone was totally involved in every stage! I'm sure you'll find it very rewarding and enjoyable.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)