Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery/pre-school Prospectus

I am looking to re-do the nursery pack/prospectus, to send out to people who request information about the nursery.

Would anyone be able to attach any examples or post me some? I am looking for inspiration!

Many thanks.

If you want to see prospectus from other nurseries, why not just surf the net. Google nursery childcare or similar, add a nursery rhyme or common name for nurseries and you will find loads of sites giving information out as on-line brochures. Hope that is helpful

Hi Shelley

We have something very similar to Jenni but that is what we give to parents when their child starts. When they put their name on the waiting list we give them a folded leaflet with just the basic information. If they want to know any more I always encourage them to call in and have a look round.

Linda

Parent_info_LEAFLET.doc

Parent_info_LEAFLET_2.doc

we do similar to Linda, a leaflet when they are enquiring about us, or on waiting list with essential info, in our case who we are,how to contact, fees, session times, practical matters ( bit about toilet skills, messy play clothes etc) Medical policy, a brief summary of complaints procedure

we encourage parents to visit if they want to know more at this stage, then a full booklet with all info needed about us when they are due to start, similar to Jenni

(sorry mine in a desk top publishing format [not Microsoft] so unable to post)

Inge

Thank you everyone.

Linda - the multi-lingual languages on the back are very impressive. May I ask where/how you got them translated?

Shelley

Shelley

It is something Stockport council use on all of their leaflets. I simply scanned it and added it to ours! I had originally looked into using the service myself to translate our information we give to parents but at £25 per hundred words we really couldn't afford it!! So this was a compromise as the service is free to Stockport residents.

Linda

Mine seems to large to attach!!! Have c+p'd hte contents page tho!

SECTION

PAGE

1 WELCOME 1

2 AIMS OF THE ACORN NURSERY 3

3 USER FRIENDLY INFORMATION Registration 4

Visit Sessions 4

Allocated Sessions 4

Opening Times 4

Term Dates 4

Fees and Funding 5

Withdrawal of a Place 5

Closure of the Nursery 5

Absence and Holidays 5

4 CONFIDENTIALITY 6

5 COMPLAINTS/DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE 6

6 BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT 7

7 STARTING NURSERY At The Beginning Of Each Session 8

Age Range 8

Toilet Training 8

Admissions 8

8 SNACK TIME/COOKING 9

9 PARENT/CARER ROTA What Is The Rota? 10

What Do I Do On Rota? 11

10 THE NURSERY COMMITTEE The Committee 12

Trustees and License 13

Registration and Inspections 13

11 KEYWORKING 14

12 THE CURRICULUM Personal, Social and Emotional Development 15

Communication, Language and Literacy 15

Mathematical Development 16

Knowledge and Understanding of the World 16

Physical Development 17

Creative Development 17

Toys and Equipment 18

13 PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT 19

14 STAFFING Staffing Information 20

Staffing Structure 21

15 STUDENT PLACEMENTS 22

Thank-you very much everyone.

I am looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into this - just need to set a good amount of time aside and get started!

We have just been ofsteded and the inspector made a comment on our prospectus about the learning bit.

She was really impressed that it linked activity learning outcomes to ELG and B>3 and said too many settings ignored the B>3.

(We have only just included it ourselves but in time..phew)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)