Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Policies

Hi is there anone who can advice me on where i can get information on writing the policies and procedures for my pre school. i have taken over as manager of a failing nursery and the policies i have need to be updated.I'm really stuck and apparently we are also due an ofsted inspection soon great!!!!! :o Ps got any ideas on what ofsted will be lokking for please HELP

SAFIA

Hi Safia,

Don't panic! :) Have a look at the member donated policies here to give you an idea. Then its just a question of thinking about what you already do and adapting the policies to reflect that.

The other thing is to read previous threads - if you have about a week! :o There is loads of advice on good practice here.

Have you had a look at what Bromley Childminding Ass have to offer? I know they're for childminders but you might be able to butcher them a bit! Happy weekend typing!!!

Sarah x :)

Hi, firstly, don't panic , it takes time to sort everything out and if you are already looking at developing, updating policies when Ofsted come they have been understanding with us and happy to see us moving on and regularly reviewing everything.

I have added a link to the sites info on policies which you may find helpful, we always have and include some of the ideas in there as well as our own in our policies etc.

Policies introduction

we also use the PLA ones which we found well worth the money PLA Publications and come with a Cd rom with it all in word for you to use and adapt for your setting, this saved us a lot of time.

we all have our own policies and if you asked us all to list the ones we have I am sure each would be different, and we are always adding another one or three each year...wont be able to lift the book if it carries on!!

what are Ofsted looking for... such a lot to put in one post but we used Are you ready for inspection to give a good idea/guide Inspection outcomes for children may also be helpful.

Have fun xD

Inge

Ooops..

crossed with Beau

while researching Ofsted site she got there first :o

Inge

how'd that happen two separate posts in one!

hey I can just keep adding to same post never happened before

Thanks everyone you've given me lot to think about, gotta say you guys are great i didn't expect such a quick response. Loads to get through but atleast i know i've got you guys to help me through Thanks again :o

I would recommend the PLA policies file too (with cdrom) its very good and does save a lot of typing. You just save each one and amend as you see fit, adding your pre-school logo etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)