Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weakest Area In Maths

Guest Really

Help! I am trying to use the FSP scores for last years Reception to find out which was our weakest area and strongest area in CLL and Numeracy. How do I do it?

I think I must be just being thick!

Thanks in advance.

I just add the total that each child scores in each strand of MD and CLL e.g. Numbers as labels and for counting and then divide by the total number of children. This then gives you an average score for that area which you can then use to compare with other aspects of the FSP and measure your 'performance' against County or national figures. Is that what you meant? :)

I have worked out for each strand how many children got 8 or more, how many got 6/7 and how many got below 6. Using those figures I have (I think) worked out which is our strongest / weakest areas. However, there is a chart on the profile that tells me the average score for each strand and I am not sure if I should use that.

Any suggestions?

i saw some score data on the continuing the learning journey file that was sent into schools last september. they were analysing gender differences etc and i thought it looked good, but i couldn't find any anywhere, was hoping it might get sent to us from the LEA. what i've decided now is that the bar charts are ready done for you if you are using the e profile (which i don't) but i think otherwise you have to do all the calculations yourself :o

not necessarily, our LA provides comprehensive analysis of every schools data by gender/FSM/EAl/SEN/NR and ethicityand provides an individual radar graph for every child into the bargain. So I think it depends on your LA. Or your head has the analysis and hasn't passed it on.

Anyway - add all the acores in the scale and divide by no of children as said.

CX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)