Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

Found out today that ofsted will be arriving at school of Thursday for a two day inspection. Everyone is in a panic we haven't been inspected for a while and none of us are aware how it will work since the new style of inspection was introduced.

Is there any of you out there who work in a school in the foundation stage who could enlighten me a little as to whats going to happen what will they be looking for etc? I would really appriciate it.

Thank you

Hi,

To be totally honest, our inspector literally spent 5 minutes in the Foundation Stage Unit. He still called us the Reception classes and didn't really know much about what we were doing anyway. He didn't ask any questions about child-initiated or outdoor play. In fact he didn't ask about anything so we felt a bit annoyed because we had put so much hard work into setting up the unit and he didn't even seem interested.

If I was you I wouldn't worry.

Good luck

Boogie

I agree dont worry (easier said than done I know) It was much less painful than the old style inspection. They get most of their information from the SEF and are only looking for evidence to back up what we have said. Value added so a good way of recording progress and transition seems the latest focus.

Good Luck :D

Guest tinkerbell

Our inspector knew about Foundation!

The inspector will phone your head and tell them what they will be coming to see all based on the sef...hopefully your head will tell the staff.

They will look at you ,as Foundation is an area on its own

Just before summer we were 'done' the Ofsted inspector watched each teacher teach (ABOUT 20-30 MINS)she didn't want to see the lesson plans, she fed back to the teachers.

She asked me about on entry assessments

She looked at the e-profile/tracking

She looked at the medium planning (we have it on the computer)

i also showed her our big books of photographs which we make each half term showing the children at work inside and out.

Good luck Tinkerbellx

Our inspection team sent an email giving details of their timetable (although they didnt seem to keep to it) We had one inspector for most of the first morning and he popped back briefly in the afternoon. He didnt ask to see any planning and didnt watch any direct teaching ( observed me listening to individual readers while the TA did some circle games with another group and the nursery teacher made jam sandwiches with groups of children) had a wander outside and asked a couple of questions about our post it note observations and that was it!

:) Hello , I work in a F.S.U. and we were inspected a couple of weeks ago. It really was MUCH BETTER than the old style ones. They weren't interested in our teaching (??????) They spent most of their time talking to the children and , basically checking that what was in our SEF was right. They were very fair , even to the point that at the end of the first day they told us what they expected to see on the second!!! Very fair .Dont worry!!! :):):):):)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)