Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inclusive Education

Phew!!!! thank goodness I don't have to arrange the setting to suit any child that may be unable to access any equipment. I got a bit worried when I read Geraldines post. A staff member did a" 2 day Kidsactive Including Everybody training course "and she came back saying she did not agree with many of the statements that the tutor made.One of them being that the WHOLE room should be planned to suit ALL children of EVERY ability.

Argh! :o Sorry Bubblejack didn't mean to worry you!

When I referred to changing the setting as opposed to changing the child I did not mean to imply mass rearrangement of anything. More a case of adaption as and when it arises which can be as simple as moving a floor based activity to a table. I think in reality we all make adaptions/changes as and when the need arises and often just on the spur of the moment and certainly not because we are specifically trying to be inclusive!

I think Steve has hit the nail right on the head in that it is adults we seem to be trying to please, and in some cases appease, when it's the children we should be thinking about.

We had a little girl once with very bad eczema. We had bubbles in the water one day but not the next when she was in. When they asked if they could have bubbles a member of staff explained that it gave this little girl sore hands-they just shrugged and got on with it. They knew they would get them another day when she wasn't in. Perhaps we get too hung up about things as adults!!

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)