Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm All Tired Out!

beth1

Oh I am soooo tired, but I had a good day on placement they like me. :D This week I am shadowing some of the staff to get a feel of routine, room and the children, still don't know any of the childrens names! :( I think next week I will be having a section to myself? :o

My mums sister is very ill and won't get better :( , so I am still very tired from going backward and forwards to the hosptial. On a postive note a couple of the staff knows whats going on I have been very proffesional about working today and putting my personal feelings aside and working with the children.

I am very good at my job and they cannot undstand why no one want to take me on as I am a very experinced nursery nurse. :D:( I have spotted a job for a nursery nurse in a local school for a part time nursery nurse from Jan 07, not sure what part time means condsering that nursery nurses in schools do a 32.5 hours per week? xD

Beth

Glad you had a good day on placement - you'll be great.

I am sorry to hear about your mum's sister, and am not surprised that you feel exhausted. Emotionally drained I imagine.

You sound like a very strong person - be proud of yourself x

Beth, the part time Nursery Nurse job could be part of a job share. In our Nursery, we used to have one Nursery Nurse cover the morning class, and the other to cover the afternoon class. Sometimes a job share may mean they do half of the week each.

Also some nurseries are only run part time - there may only be a morning or afternoon class if numbers are low.

Hi Beth, I'm so glad your placement seems okay. Sorry to hear about your Aunt, I hope the hospital isn't too far away.

The job sounds worth following up - good luck.

Hang on in there Beth and look after yourself - this time of year can really get to you if your not careful, so stock up on vitamin C and get some rest, glad the placement is ok, sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Hi Beth. Know the feeling, what with having taken on my first full time job since Natalie was born! Not enough hours in the day etc etc...

Really pleased to hear things are finally going well (although very sorry to hear about your aunt), just keep going and I'm sure you'll see the advantages to all your hard work!

Today I had a great day condsering last night, the staff were soo supportive and even told me to go home if I wanted. :) How nice is that, must thank my learing mentor for my supportive placement. I have got to grips working with the full time children(reception age), even if I did shadow another member of staff. I have worked in nearly all the areas of the FSU.

Next week I will be working with the part timers(nursery age). So I will have to master there rountine within the room. I am only doing 1 1/2 days next week due to the funeral in the afternoon. They said I did not have to turn up in the morning if I need to. :D

Beth