Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wedding Menu Tasting

I am getting married next year and last night we went to the hotel to sample the food from the wedding menu. We had chosen 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 puddings beforehand.

When we got there we were shown to the restaurant (which we had to ourselves), and they had set up a candlelit table for 2. They then brought out the 2 starters first - which we ate as much as we liked of, before bringing out the mains then the puddings.

The food was amazing, and we were well full up afterwards.

Then the chef came out and spoke to us about our choices, and then we were shown to the bar area and given a coffee.

Am dead excited now!!

Ohh how exciting! We didn't get to try our food at the wedding but it was devine on the day. Everyone commented on how yummy it was. Have you decided what to go for?

How lovely for you! I didn't get to my daughters menu tasting as it was in Ireland and during term time, but all those who did had the same experience as you and it certainly helped her to feel more relaxed on her 'big day'. I hope you enjoy yours as much as she did!!!

Hi Shelley

My daughter's getting married next year and her reception is in a Bournemouth hotel too. I very much hope it's the same one as yours!

Hers is on the East Cliff overlooking the sea - anywhere near your venue? :D

It's in August. It's very near the sea but not quite overlooking it.

It was so hard to choose as everything was gorgeous.

We are having crumble of forest mushrooms with mascarpone cream (sounds odd but is lush!), rib-eye steak that was so tender it just broke away from the piece of meat, and the smoothest lemon tart ever.

We didn't get to sample the champagne Peggy!

Well we had a roast dinner with lots of gravy for our main course so I got a huge napkin and tucked it down the front of my dress and leaned as close to the table as I could in a corset dress!!! Not an attractive look but meant I could have some gravy!