Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play Area

We are a sessional preschool operating from a church hall. I'm really excited as today our new fencing has been erected which will allow us to have freeflow outdoor play. (Our old play area was a bit further away and as such not easy to access unless everyone went outside at the same time).

Please can you let me know how you manage your freeflow play... staffing, resources, risk assessments, is access for all the session or only part, can all children access it at the same time etc etc. I am really keen to make this as rich a resource as possible given the constraints that we have, namely, the outdoor area is at the front of the church so any resources will need to be portable and put out daily. Thanks for sharing, you're all great!

We have 2 reception classes each ith 21 children and the 2 classes share a nursery nurse. We put our resources out daily they are kept in a separate shed. We have outdoor play bands and if children decide they want to go outside they take a band and go out. We allow 14 out at a time. once all the bands are gone oone else is allowed out unitl a band comes back in.