Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Strings

Guest Wolfie

Guest DeborahF

Has anyone heard of "story strings"? What are they? I'm doing some reading about ways of giving children props to develop their storytelling and storybuilding skills and this term is used - I've never heard of it! It's mentioned alongside things like story sacks and using items from small world play to develop stories but doesn't give any more information. Does anyone know...does anyone use them? Are they a good resource?

Well, if I'm right, I think I use them all the time, but never referred to in that way!

Just prompts to develop a story, sometimes attached to each other to provide cohesion- often random objects from around the unit.

Sue

Guest DeborahF

I've found out what they are! It's basically a little washing line that you set up and you either peg a series of small objects/props on it before you start and use them in order to make up a story or you have the props next to the washing line and peg them up as you use them, leaving the order up to choice.

I think I might give it a go with some of the children that I think might enjoy it, it sounds interesting!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)