Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interviews

HI

I am interviewing tommorow for nursery assistants, but how many people should you have on interview panel?, I have myself, and another manager from the other nursery, but i really wanted my deputy in on the interviews too.... so is three people too daunting do you think?

Dawn

I'm interviewing next week and only having two, myself and my deputy. This is because we are having them in during the session and I can't take another member of staff away from the children. But, I am going to ask them to spend about 20 minutes with the children so we all get to see how they interact.

Linda

I think 3 gives you a balanced opinion although personally prefer to be interviewed by as few as possible. All the interview teams I have been on have been a 3. No doubt Beth would be able to help?!

Gee are you talking about me? xD:o

Well in my 21 interviews in recent weeks, I have had interviewers ranging from 1 nursery manager to 3/4 working in preschool playgroups. 2 or 3 is the norm around West Yorks.

Beth

3 is what is recommended. Sometimes it can help having someone from the LEA, or outside your setting. The panel should have been decided on early on in the process, as they should all have taken part in shortlisting, etc, in order to make it fair.

How exciting - new staff!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)