Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Short Term Plan/daily?

Short term plan- can anyone forward me a sample-

Is this the same as a daily activity plan

When planning for the childrens interests do you plan activities/ toys to get out etc at the end of the day for the following day? if not how do you do this?

When doing a focus activity how many do you do a week and do they cover every area of learning?

Do you change or do the same focused activity for the afternoon children

We are open all day and currently do two indoor and two outdoor focus activity one in the morning and one in the afternoon -a week as per our early years mentor.

generally confused please help! AGAIN!

HI

our short term plan is planned for daily, with the children's requests logged on the plans.

Daily plan is for our focused activity (pre-school do one a day) all other rooms (toddlers, tweenies and babies do three a week and two general observations on the days they don't do a focused plan. Our daily plan covers many aspects of BT3 or FS depending on the activity planned. We have broken down BT3 and FS into codes so staff just mark the codes on planned activities. For most planned activities we normally have at least 2 aspects of BT3 or FS (for each area) planned.

hope that helps?

Dawn

thank you and it sounds a fab activity!

Can i ask how long this runs for?

How many of these activities do you do each week?

Do you do more of these activitys at the same time-running alongside this one to cover the other areas?

thank you and it sounds a fab activity!

Can i ask how long this runs for?

How many of these activities do you do each week?

Do you do more of these activitys at the same time-running alongside this one to cover the other areas?

Hi sharonash.

Sorry for the delay internet was playing up.

The activity would run for 2 - 3 morning sessions as these are the younger children and only attend playschool 2 sessions a week. In the afternoon all children have 5 sessions so it depends on how long the activity takes to cover all the children that wish to carry it out. Mainly 1 - 2 sessions.

It depends on how many days the activity is running for to how many we have a week it can be up to 5 a week.

We just make sure that all areas are covered within the main topic, which that one had came from our Autumn theme.

Hope this has been of some help to you

Rosemarie.

We only do one of these activities a day unless its something that can be covered during cicle time.

thanks for taking the time to reply we are just in such a mess with everything think we need to start all over again with planning formats etc, seems so sad Ive spent years trying to build it all up and then people (early years partnership)come along and tell you to change it we ve done what theyve said we are all so confused and feel so demotivated Ive even lost a long serving member of staff over it all!

just want to get it right- if it wasnt for this forum i really think i would of packed it all in

cheers guys x

thanks for taking the time to reply we are just in such a mess with everything think we need to start all over again with planning formats etc, seems so sad Ive spent years trying to build it all up and then people (early years partnership)come along and tell you to change it we ve done what theyve said we are all so confused and feel so demotivated Ive even lost a long serving member of staff over it all!

just want to get it right- if it wasnt for this forum i really think i would of packed it all in

cheers guys x

aagghhhh!!!! This makes me soooo cross! xD If your planning was working for you and your children, and you were showing progress/next steps etc, who are they to say change it!!!!!!!!!! :o

sorry! I get bit twitchy about planning! :D

Hello sharonash, please don't undermine your own strengths in planning. As others have said if it works for your children and staff why change everything all at once.I have in the past had visits from advisors that could have undermined my confidence regarding planning.I mulled any advice over with my staff to see if we could improve on what we were already doing. We sometimes try different things but if they don't work out for the children and us we revert back to the original.

I personally enjoy the first week of the new term because I have no planning to stick to ,but just as much learning takes place because staff are fully engaged with the children and not half listening to the child whilst trying to record the childs learning. I run a pre-school and during the second part of the second week of term we begin to discuss future planning for that term. We start with 1 focussed activity this may continue all week or just for a few days. We give time for all children to access it and return to it to consolidate it. The continuous provision worked alongside this.

• 3 weeks later...

hello this is my first time on the forum and i need some advice.

our local early years have visited and advised us we need to change our planning to observation and not use focus activity or keyworker activity.

to not have plans bu to observe and then use learning journeys do develop the children this way. we have been doing learning journeys but i am a little scared to let go of our planning.anybody got example of this what they are doing new or ideas to guide me

thank you

Lindy

Hi

I have been planning the daily way for two years now and although it may seem difficult at first after a couple of months you will begin to see how it benifits the children.

If you look at your children's profiles f/s or b23 you will have have marked off lots of things that you know the child can do and probably have lots of post it observations and photos supporting this... now look at the things that you think the child can do but your not sure - this is where your daily plan comes into play! To be planning for individual learning pick out a couple of these stepping stones that your not sure of and plan adult initiated activities that will allow you to look at these areas...you don't need to focus on just one child, you can focus on a group of children when doing the activities...on post its jot down what you have seen and if you need to focus a little more on similar activities to help the child/children achieve ss, this then assists your planning for the next day and so forth

As well as having a large group focus and small group focus adult initiated time, we also have child initiated time whereby the children plan an hour of their own learning. During this time you can also look, listen and note what you see the child/children do and how you can implement this interest in to the adult initiated activities...therefore making any themes relevent to the children's interests and fun.

Hope this helps but i completely agree that you have to work with whats best for you and your children

Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)