Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Providing Targets For Parents On Parents Evenings

Hi I was wondering if any of you out there had a example of a targets list that you can highlight areas of C.L.L. , M.D. and P.S.E.D for parents on parents evenings to help promote and encourage parental involvement in their children's learning. Does any one use this format as I've been asked to create such a idea and not sure where to begin.

Would be very greatful for any suggestions. Many thanks everyone. :o

Hi hubbub, welcome to the forum :D:D

Someone has just posted a link to some lists of the stepping stones, it's the kind of thing I used to use to record on but I then had a sheet split into boxes which gave me room for a short comment on all 6 areas, achievements, where we were going to go next and how we were hoping to get there and allowed for parents comments, suggestions and ideas.

Heres the page with the stepping stones on HERE

I'm interested in who asked you do it and why just those 3 areas though :o

I havent heard of it before,but what a good idea :)

i supose it is the same as our playplan we have at the end of the the term but to give a parent a specific one of how they can help, is great. :)

i will try and get a copy of our playplan perhaps that could be adapted to a section that says how parents can help at home?

Hi hubbub and welcome! You've been hiding for a long time, but thanks for making your first post. I've no doubt that this is something that is relevant to us all in schools, so hopefully someone else will be along soon. I didnt formalise my targets in that way when I had my own class.

Have you seen the Maths targets for Reception from NNS? Abacus also have home learning ideas--you can access those plans at www.hamiltontrust.org

I was told to do this, as the powers that be feel, maths development, C.L.L and P.S.E.D are important for improving standards and parents should be exposed to these areas for their foundation Two childs progress.

I am very open to ideas and very worried about the prospect of doing it .

I have not posted before and yes I've been a member for somethme but I read all your responses on here and find information giving by all the members of benefit.

many thanks everyone

:)

I too have been asked to do targets for FS children as the rest of the school are following "achieving the mark" I wrote my own targets for the FS and are very chd friendly and follow the same heading "I am learning to....." and include things such as "hold my pencil correctly" and "talk about what I did at the weekend" "write my name" and so on. At parents evening we hand the parents a piece of paper which has a girl on it for the girls and a boy on it for the boys holding a scroll. In the scroll it has 2 targets. It doesnt say targets on it though. Then there is a place to add a sticker. the parents can then have an input on their child's learning as well and it is something that we are doing at school.

We have really good relationships - the parents come in and we chat about what we and they do - sorry if that's not really much help, but it seems to me that children this young really only need this kind of 'help'.

Sue

Yes Sue R i also see my parents each day, but this is not the first school I know of, who have asked teachers to do targets for both F1 and F2 settings within my education area their told to do these to help build scaffold knowldege on children achieving level 3 and level fives later on in their lives. Although I see parents everyday for ten minutes in the morning and at the end of day. The targets give a clear outline of what each parent must do to help support their child, these are written down, as not all parents want their children's abiliities spoken about with a whole host of other nosey parents observing. And my time in the mornings seem to be more informal finding out how parents , carers are, personal events :o etc

Thank you very much they are really good ways on seeing the targets. I was able to see the literacy and numeracy target,s but the lancs site for reading was not available, but I will go back and see for myself what is involved for reading.

Thank you for being very supportive :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)