Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Doctors

Next week we are looking at doctors as part of people who help us, i have a doctor visting and a health visitor and we are bathing a baby but does anyone have any more ideas?????????

cheers

My mind is just such a blank!!!!!!!!

Hi Blossom

Loads of bandages, role play, blankets, mattress, waiting room chairs.

'At the Doctors' - software which our children love, you can even print off a prescription.

Prescription' pads, pencils, telephones, diaries.

Baby bath, soap, towels, dolls.

If you are going to use bandages though, can I just ask you to be very careful as some people (me included) can be allergic the crepe variety. Don't know what does it, but I am very much allergic to them!

PSE element about drugs safety and use of medicine.

We introduced a baby clinic for a week as an enhancement to the doctor's surgery - lots of measuring and weighing going on. Also use of injections as children in Reception will probably be going for/have just had booster injections so this will be relevant for them.

Harricroft

There's a company called 'Early Vision' that produce nice dvds with examples of events, including a visit to the doctors which can be played to enhance children's role play by modelling typical things in the situation. They also do a dvd about the value of role play which could be used as a training aid. They have role play packs including resources and writing frames etc.

here

Sue

Not sure if this helps at all as it is a plan for Hospital play. We found this ter good time to let the children practice in their play with the eye-test and hearing test equipment (made it out of a box) as our children had medicals in their first term in school. in the past we have alwsy had a few who didn't like the headphones.

Hospital.doc

We used loo paper instead of crepe bandages, useful because you can't tie things too tightly. also seem to have an endless supply in school if you can find the caretakers cupboard!

kellsa

Edited by Guest

I have lots of 'medical' pictures, not sure if the folder will attach, no it won't I have attached an eye chart, and a 'record card' for role play.

If you want any pics of bandages, fob watches, green cross, medical instruments ie: needle, ear thermometer etc then i could email them to you.

Peggy

optitions_role_play_eye_chart.pdf

Record_card_EY_hospital_role_play.pdf

I'm setting up my hospital role play area this week. I would love it if you could email me those pictures Peggy, thank you in advance!

My email is ali_stone2883@hotmail.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)