Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help On Eyfs

My head of centre went on a consultation last week where it was mentioned that the new EYFS ( I presume amended since the consultation) has been published online. However I have searched the obvious places and all I can find is the old consultation document.

Anyone know if and where I can find it?

I thought that the publication had been delayed until January next year due to the nature of the responses.

In the link that Marion kindly provided, it does say "The guidance that follows is taken from the EYFS consultation document and will be updated when the document is finalised." so I wouldn't take this as being the final copy.

The framework for literacy and numeracy has been published though (I think?) which is different to the EYFS.

Our Primary strategy FS regional Advisor said on friday that it will be out around feb! Lots of slippage then. We saw some of the revised format and it is looking rather different from the paper consultation one in terms of layout and ICT format. Her recommendation is to put the consultation doc in the recycling bin when we get the new one as that is all it will be good for!

The revised PNS frameworks do refer to FS and that is probably what is being referenced.

Hmm I wonder, the fact that the layout was very different was referred to so maybe it was going to be published and then wasn't or has been delayed withdrawn for some reason...

I think that they were taken by surprise with the amount and tone of the responses regarding both content and layout/accessibility. The timescale for publication didn't account for so many changes to take place, so I guess they have had to do a rethink.

At least it shows they are listening... (do we have a tongue-in-cheek smiley?)

did the adviser or ofsted give any clues at all about when training would start?

training the trainers was supposed to start pretty soon.

if they start it late it will give less time to train the workforce

we are also hearing that they did not expect the responses that they got or the consistency of the discussions

they seem to have listened

Veecee

I heard at a meeting last week that training will be starting to roll out Summer 2007 for the legal introduction in 2008. Not a lot of time to get our heads round it then. Supposed to be quite a lot of changes from consultation documents and will come in ring binder format with CD rom

No real news from my meeting yesterday - February is the general consensus of opinion for publication.

It is planned that training materials will be available before hand and possibly given to Local Authorities as a 'final draft' prior to roll out, but no date as yet.

One of the members of the group is going to a strategy meeting at the start of November, so there may be more information after then?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)