Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Poisonous Or Not?

Please help I need your advice I brought bags of orange split peas to use in our sand tray at play group. I thought these would make a great change to the tray. My assistant said they were poisonous and couldn't be used. She said if they are eaten before cooked they can be toxic. Can any one help as i'm not sure, the packets did not give a warning and no one else has agreed they are dangerous if eaten uncooked. What do you all think?

Did a quick search on Google and found the Canadian Montreal Botanical gardens have a huge list of toxic plants but slpit peas is not on it. Sweet peas are though, so maybe thats what she's confusing it with. Also their is a sees like a pea that they use on necklaces that are toxic but can't find anything else. I would have thought if they were toxic before cooking it would have it on the label like hot chilli peppers etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)