Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning In Nurseries

Please can people reply and let me know when your team get to do their planning, and for how long?

Do they get non-contact time to do this? Also, do they get any other non-contact time?

Thanks.

none contact time, what is that LOL

in our younger rooms they plan whilst children are sleeping, in the older rooms they plan during quiet time ie story,

but i am working on giving them none contact time.

Dawn

how wonderful to have non contact time. my staff do the planning when they can fit it in and i tidy it up at weekends and check it will all work out with staff levels and equipment etc.

we do ours in the evening, we all meet up once every two weeks at each others houses, we plan along with the wine and nibbles. It's very informal, this seems to work ok for us, as we are open morning and afternoons, so this is our only time. It's also good for staff bonding and team building!!!!!!

We have a staff meeting once a half term at one of our houses that goes on til midnight! We evaluate the last half term and talk about the next one (amongst other agenda items obviously)

I do the short term weekly plans each week usually at home (like now!) although I do get a day paid admin time - this is most usually taken up by other admin tho!

As a staff we talk informally at beginning and end of sessions and over lunch

Its interesting to see how many of us actually bring work home with us, I am found many a weekend evaluating staff planning, and planning for the pre-school room (if i don't do it, it won't get done :o ~ remind me again what the pre-school staff member is paid for!!!!)

I would love to give them none contact time, but something always comes up, ie staff illness etc....or deputy staff booking too many children in when there are not enough staff (hence i end up working in a room).

None of my staff would do the informal get togethers as soom of you do.... they would all want time back LOL

Dawn

Same as Jojom.

Planning gets done at the weekends for the following week. Informal staff meeting the friday before to dicuss any needs or interests.

I really dont know how some of you get time to do planning during the session. We have 4 members of staff and 26 children per session and there is no way on this planet that planning could be done during this time.

We all stay back on Monday afternoon, we do our next half term planning or Ofsted updates or cleaning or putting away, this takes about an hour and a half but it gives us time to talk together.

Guest DeborahF

We met once a half term at my house with a big bottle of wine and chocolate cake to have a general staff meeting and also to plan for the next half term, brainstorming ideas that I then wrote up for the medium term planning. Each member of staff had a particular day when they were responsible for the adult focus activity and they wrote the short term plan for that - I was supernumerary at the nursery and covered so that each member of staff could have 2.5 hours non contact time per week to do this planning, prepare activities and resourcs and also keep up to date on their key worker group records.

I realise that this was a real luxury and think the staff did too - they were happy to come to the half termly evening meetings unpaid because they recognised that I let them also have non contact time even though it was usually a struggle or inconvenient. It did make for very good staff relationships and morale but didn't look so good from the accounting point of view!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)