Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq3 Early Yrs Care & Education

Hi I'm new to this site so this is my 1st post. I am doing an essay on promote children's social and emotional development from birth - 8yrs. I would like to know if anyone can give me some ideas on what to put, as at the monet I am struggling with trying to start it off. I also need some websites for information as I dont seem to be coming up with anything suitable on a search (aprt from this one :D ), does anyone know of any good ones I would be very grateful Thanks.....carol

Hi Carol -

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post! :D

To be honest I'm struggling to come up with anything specific - I think the reason you might be getting a slow response is that PSE is subsumed into more or less everything that is done in the Foundation Stage, rather than being a bolt on subject.

But here's a recent topic that you might find interesting, on emotional intelligence.

If you have a look around you'll find quite a few topics that bring up personal, social and emotional aspects of early years care and education. And once you have found a few things to grab hold of, it will make it easier to ask more specific questions - which is always a good way to guarantee a response! :D

Regards, Steve.

:o Thanx Steve for the info I will have a look at the article, I did manage to start my essay and found once I got into the 1st paragraph it seemed a lot easier. As I havent finished it yet I will have a look at the article to see if there is any thing I can use..........carol

Hi Cally,

I've been thinking about this over the last day or so....it's such a huge subject, I was finding it hard to think of anything helpful to say!! However, I think because you've said "social and emotional" development, and not included "personal", I'm assuming you've already narrowed the field down into how children INTERACT. That's a start then :o:D

One way forward would be to look at WHO they interact with; eg parents and carers intially, other care givers, siblings, and peers, and HOW they do it. Just a thought......

Get back to us when you've got some more ideas and I'm sure we'll be able to add a few more.

hi Cally

I had to do something similar to this when i completed my NVQ3. I decided that it was best to tackle this by starting from birth and looking at the socil and emotional interactions of the child. I started when the child was just a few hour old discussing a phenomenon that doctors have called turn tacking behaviour. this is when a baby will respond with movement after the parent has spoken to it. i then built on this first soicial interact tion and discussed emotional bonding. i then progressed through the ages and stages up to eight years.

hope this gives you some help

julie.s

Hi Julie thanks for the information, I did start from birth but I didnt mention turn tacking (didnt know it was called this) :) , but as I am only doing a rough copy at the moment I will put this in. Thankyou

Hi -

Don't want to be pedantic, but if you're going to put this in your essay Cally, it's turn taking isn't it? Unless there's a psychological term I haven't come across called turn tacking. Goodness, I feel insecure sometimes...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)