Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Often?

HI

Because it is my first time managing a nurseyr i just wanna get others views on this....

how often do you have the photographer come to nursery (im in private day nursery open all year round), so far we have had them come in july (early july) and they are back next week. In july they did group and individual photos, this time they are doing individula ones (last time they sold well).

Just wondering tho is twice a year too much?, or have i not left a long enough gap between the two?. I think the thinking was that if they had them done in June then our school leavers could buy them (espcially the group one's) and we are having them done now in time for xmas, but i was wondering as i said is twice a year too much?

Also fundraising, _ when and how often do you do it?, we are always receiving advertising for fundraising etc, but currently have done none, (since march anyway)... so how many times a year do you fundraise?, and is it always for charity, or do you do some for yuor setting as well.

I was thinking of doing something for children in need, ie fancy dress and cake stall, and then donating half funds for children in need, and half to nursery (is that allowed?).....

hmmm as you can see i don't have a clue LOL....

when they made me manager they forgot to give me the rule book hee hee hee :o

Dawn

we have our photographer in twise a year once in october for individual photos and once in june for a class photo..... as for fundraising we do the usual sponsored obstacle, sponsored sunflower or bean, anual aution plus fetes and little fundraisers throughout the year.... :D

well now, you've raised a thorny issue for me!! I had a parent come to see me (we're a private group) and she said i should do some fundraising for the group as it would gain good publicityy for us and we could use the funds to buy some more oys.Ok, so i planned to have a sponsored treasure hunt, a nearly new sale and a christmas fair.Guess what??Same lady came i and said if idid fundraising things, people would think we were struggling and about to close, so they wouldn't want to send their children to us!!!She also said it wasn't right, because we are a private group!!................I ask you!so,I'm going to do a sponsored grow a daffodil in aid of marie Curie cancer nurses and a small christmas sale for us, plus open for 2 saturdays in December so parents can go Christmas shopping without their children.We haven't had an official photographer in yet, as we are a small group and didn't think it really worthwhile, BUT one of my daughters is a very keen (and good) photograper, so we are going to take some black and white shots of the children for Christmas calendars this year.Should be classy I hope!

We had a photographer in june to take group photos and individuals ones and we too have them again next week this is how we have done it for a couple of years and they generally sell ok because of the lead up to christmas and there are so many new children in september who havent had the earlier photos x jojom x

Guest MaryEMac

Our group is committee run and we do 2 fundraising events during the year. In November we have a prize bingo and usually raise between £300/£400. We write to local and national companies for prize donations and touch wood we havn't yet had to buy prizes. In the summer we do a sponsored event and this year we did 'Arties Olympics' in conjunction with the British Heart Foundation. The money was split between the two of us.

As to photographs we have a lady come in during Sept. who takes pictures of the children playing and then the school usually invites us to bring the children into school for the official photos.

It is entirely up to the parents if they buy any or not. In the Summer we take a photo of the leavers ourselves which we print off at the local kiosk . We generally charge £1 and still make a little profit.

Mary

We have the Tempest photographer in twice a year and I think last year we may of had the black & white/sepia photos taken aswell (with the kids dressed up in oldie worldie clothes). Sorry cant remember the name of the company.

we have the photographer in every year, we also have the video people in every other year, these are very popular. for fundraising we have done the usual sponsored obstacle course, bike ride, fete. pennies in a smartie tube, sponsored quiz.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)