Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Very Happy Mummy!

Well, sent Natalie to pre-school today as part of the settling in plan we worked on. Basically, my managers felt that Natalie would benefit from a session a week that I didn't work, so she knew that she couldn't keep running to Mummy every time she got told off for something, or whenever things don't go her way. I was a bit nervous about it, I haven't really left her at pre-school/nursery alone before so I can understand how the parents of children in the setting feel!

Anyway, when I went to collect her this afternoon, the supervisor told me she had been really good, marginally better than when I am there (which is a good sign, I think?!) and...

she went to the toilet on her own!!! Hurrah! I am sooooo proud of her. We've tried for months on and off to get the potty training business started, but I always bottle out and decide she is not ready for it. Well, now it seems she is and I've been asked to put her in knickers now whenever she attends school.

It's the best thing I've heard all week and Natalie bless her has been inundated with cuddles, kisses, 'you're the best...' and so on.

2 things I am slightly upset about though are:

1. I wasn't there when she went for the first time :o

2. My baby is growing up!

Just wanted to share that with you all, as it has made me one very happy mummy! :D

As I said to a mum today they are still your babies even when they are nearly 6ft like my one is tomorrow for his 14th birthday!!!!!

Well done just remember it will make your child a confident little girl. well done

Ah, thanks everyone! It might seem like a really silly thing to get excited/sad about but it's a big thing and she's my only little one...:)

Ah bless, the joys of motherhood. :D

My son (aged 23yrs) still jokingly moans that he always had to share me with all the other playgroup children and could never have me all to himself, and still makes me feel guilty. So enjoy your 'you' day while your daughter enjoys her 'independent' day at preschool.

Have to go out and buy her lots of lovely knickers now, expensive all this growing up, isn't it, but worth every penny. :D

peggy

Oh congrats to you both! The guilt trip thing continues forever by the way, mine are 14 and 11 and still manage it, and I'm 37 and my mum recons I still manage it every now and then. This it comes with the mum job description!

Liz x

Guest tinkerbell

Funny to read your reply Peggy.My son who is 23 also ,can remember his time at kindergarten in Australia where he would watch me play with the afterschool children and not play with him.I ran the afterschool vacation care at a neighbourhood centre and he was with the toddlers down stairs.

Tinkerbellx...they know how to make you feel guilty. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)