Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspections Of Chains

I guess it might depend on whether they are a national chain (like Asquith Court or Just Learning) or a 'local' chain, as there is no way that Ofsted could be organised enough to co-ordinate inspections for someone like Asquith COurt with over 100 nurseries and creches.

I have just been on the Ofsted website to look at the spread of Asquith Court inspections and they go from November 2004 to February 2006 (on the few that I picked) If there is a local chain, I think they would have more chance of being inpsected closer together if the inspectors were 'in the area' so to speak.

I think that nurseries just get flagged up on the Ofsted system according to past inspection dates, so being part of a chain wouldn't have any effect - I could be wrong though?

Out of curiosity - why are you asking?

HI Shelley,

we are a chain of four nurseries and we all got inspected within 6 - 8 weeks of each other this time round, but prior to that the gaps between inspections were between 4 - 8 months from each nursery in the company.

Dawn

Blast - we're in a small local chain, and one got inspected today. We're not due till next year and was hoping for a little while longer to get some more things into place, as I have a very realistic view of where we are at as a nursery at present (how on earth could the old manager get through an inspection with only 1 policy and no operational plan, etc??).

Oh well - worrying won't help!

Blast - we're in a small local chain, and one got inspected today. We're not due till next year and was hoping for a little while longer to get some more things into place, as I have a very realistic view of where we are at as a nursery at present (how on earth could the old manager get through an inspection with only 1 policy and no operational plan, etc??).

Oh well - worrying won't help!

Don't panic ~ :D

The first thing i did when the others in our chain got inspected was panic, one nursery in our chain had there's on a wed and thurs of one week, our nursery got inspected the monday and tuesday a week later. :D

like you i was fully aware that nursery was not up to scratch so to speak, luckily i had just redone our operational plan (which they looked at) but they didn't look at the other nurseries operational plan. I was frank and open with the inspector and told her that i had all plans/ideas of how i wanted to move things on in the nursery. She was Happy with these plans and although there were still areas to work on we got a good (care) and good (education), and her feedback was good, she made it clear that we only got those grades on the basis of what she had seen, but also on the basis of what i had planned for the future!.

~ good luck with it, for when it comes

Dawn

That's comforting Dawn - thanks. Shall I book some holiday???!!!

Nah, don't do that LOL... they have radar (ofsted, that is) and will turn up whilst your off hee hee hee, and you know that really you would prefer to be there :o (honest you would, lol) and you can get across all your fabulous ideas and 'blag it' (as i did at times xD (i didn't really say that hee hee). if you are there :D

You will get through it and im sure you will do fine.

Dawn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)