Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!

I have a problem!!!!

My mum has very kindly booked a surprise holiday for our family to celebrate her 50th birthday. The only problem is we don't fly back until 5 in the evening on the18th April. This is a training day for our school. Does anyone know where i stand if i ask for a days absense without pay?

You'll need to discuss with Head

Sometimes it can be accommodated dependant on agenda for the day

Or you could always say the flight was delayed!!!

OOOPs :o

Im missing a training day on the 13th to go to spain for half term. Booked it ages ago when the dates for half term came out but they since have made it an inset day. My head was great and said no problem you have put many an hour in after school. I would just tell him the position and hope for the best.

Certainly discuss it with your head but be preaperd to take it without pay, I know my head woldnt allow this as paid leave as it would set a precedence for other staff. If its a training day they should accommodate you as at least they dont have to find cover for you.