Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas Please?

Basically the nursery have decided to have a theme week so that children coming on different days can access activities.

The decision is thatpre-school and toddlers will join up and plan their activities etc, and the baby and wobblers (up to approx 22 months); will group.The baby and wobblers have interlinking rooms.

I have to think of some ideas for activities etc for baby and wobblers. Now obviously they have noconcept of Halloween!! :o So basically it willbe like any other day really. But i am racking my brains to think of some messy play and otheractivities that could be done over the week xD

Any ideas from you wonderfully talented people!!! :D:D:D

p.s my space bar is playin up so apologise forjoined words!!! :D

Do you strip them down to their nappies? How about white paint on black paper, add glitter. The mess will be self evident and they will maybe produce a backdrop for the older children's work. Roll balls in the paint, dip t-bags in paint and throw them. :D

last year we did little ghosties by painting their little feet white and pressing it on black paper. the heels becomes the head and you can use finger prints with black ink or paint to make the eyes and then the little toes are on the bottom and become the wavy frilly bit on the bottom of the ghost if that makes sense. dont have a picture i am afraid . the parents loved them. not overly halloween or scary but lots of fun.

We put jelly and eye balls (candles from Asda)in the water tray witches dinner and coloured spaghetti and spiders (plastic) in the tuff spot. Black playdough with glitter.

(Should add we had a family day in amongst all this so although our children are older younger brothers and sisters shared the fun)

Edited by Marion

Does anybody know where you can get cheap plastic spiders that are not rings? I would like some for water tray

I got packs from both Tesco and Asda last year they had mixed creatures in spiders rats and skeletons I think

Aw I love the ghosty idea too!

Not sure on the choking/poison situation but I k now my own children love scooping out pumpkins...

Carrying on from the backdrop idea before - if you use silver paint on black/dark blue nad roll marbles in it you could make spiderwebs

Jelly and spaghetti are always popular - also cornflour gloop.

could do butterfly painting but cut bat shapes instead?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)