Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Centre Teacher Attached To Existing Primary School

I would love to share ideas, experience with anyone in similar situation. Just new to this post and wondering how it is going to go.

Need kindred spirit and support! :o

I'm not in your situation but will try to help, as will lots of others I'm sure. Just wanted to reassure you! We do have a local children's centre not far from our school but it seems a bit like 'them' and 'us' at the moment with no links between us, don't know if this will change in the future

Guest DeborahF

Hi - I'm a Children's Centre teacher attached to an exisitng LEA nursery - been in post about 9 months and still very much feeling my way! How do you split your time between the school and the Children's Centre?

Hi. Debra, My remit is to spend 50% of my time school/ 0-3 area. We will have under3 year olds i accessing our Foundation unit., currently 3-5 yrs. This will be a challenge with planning care standards and staffing ect. Would love to discuss.

Maybe we could send e- mail through this site? Not too sure how to do that - but I sure we can benifit from each others experience!

Sorry Deborah, didn't mean to spell your name wrong! :o

hi Teachers,

you can send a PM or personal message via the site to another member by hitting the blue PM button at the bottom left of one of thier posts, I will send one to you so you see what they will recieve, Alternatively you can always click on thier name at the top of a pst and you will be directed to a page with a link to email or pm them, it will also give a few more detials about the person if they chose to add them...does this make it an clearer?

Inge

hi - I'd love to hear from you too. I've just started a permanent job as a QTS in a children's centre attached to a primary school. Finding it fantastic but a complete culture shock and very steep learning curve! Ours has a 0-2 room, preschool which is moving to full day care, sensory room, community room, midwife room & FS1 class in one building. Very very early days but promising! Would be good to keep in touch

Best of luck!

Janine

thanks. Going to a course at Early Excellence in Huddersfield on Tuesday about the role of a QTS in a children's centre - should be interesting!

Keep in touch everyone

Have a good week

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)