Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Help?

I am trying to (at the last minute)put together some kind og plan to try and get some funding for our outdoor area.We have a mixture of grass and woodchip at mo and we find the woodchip smells especially after all the rain we have had over the summer.Altho replaced every 2 years or so.Also the grass gets very slippy and as we get no sun til afternoon at the back it doesnt help.

We would like to keep the grass area and i am thinking of looking into some grass netting but I would like to replace the bark with a safety surface or artificial turf perhaps.I need to get a quote tomo really and have already spent hours on google surfing thru :o does anybody know of a company tried and tested and can advise on what surface to go for? It will be on top soil so the rubber tiles will be of no use and ther is medium sized plastic climbing frame on the area.Any help will be much apprecialted xD

we looked at lots of companies when looking for a safety surface, only one i can remember istiger turf

we did not use them though as we found a local company who have been used by the council to do thier play areas and via contacts got a very good deal. Ours was in a soil area and they dug it out and removed the soil laying suitable foundations and then the rubber surface, advising us of best for critical height depending on your equipment, so having a soil area will not impact on the laying of safety surface. ours is a wet pour surface an took 3 days to do and temp has to be suitable to do this so had winter to fundraise for lying in spring. children love it and now outside all year no more smelly bark or slippy grass or in our case mud as it never grew properly.

inge

We were quoted a similar price (cant recall the 3 companies who quoted off hand would have to check) but we were advised by our LA outdoor advisory not to have 'safe surfacing' put down as there is a movement to remove it in favour of ordinary surfaces. We were also advised against wood /bark as it attracts cats who see it as a toilet.

Found this in my email folder

To: emma.bradley@rtcsafety.co.uk

Subject: [Fwd: safty surface quote

http://www.rtcsafety.co.uk/products.htm

Edited by Marion

must depend on what you are using it for, we have climbing frame s and slide on ours so had safety surface for correct critical fall height, if using as playground without climbing equipment would probably resourced different surface. would have been cheaper but had no climbing frame /slide outdoors!!

inge

we have part of our outdoor area in this, it looks like a felt carpet when laid and if not done correctly weeds do grow though it!! Ours is weed free but I know a local group has lots growing through thiers!!

It was no cheaper than the wet pour rubber in our case anyway.

Again ours done by local company about 4 years ago now when we first got the garden and hoped we could have natural materials for part of it...didnt work, mud or in our case wet sandy dirt (being so close to the beach) was all we got no grass!

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)