Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 4 Ccld/foundation Degree - Help

Hi all,

Really confused and don't know what to do.

Long story really short -

March - wanted to do foundation degree, enquired and was told as my btec was over 10yrs old I could n't do it, would have to do level 4 ccld SO applied for level 4.

I have been accepted on nvq 4 ccld course but have just found out that my assistant is on foundation degree course .She has a level 3 in special needs and also on the course is a lady who I trained with on my btec.

So phoned college and have been told that of course I can do foundation degree.

The course co ord said that the 2yrs foundation degree = level 4 and then the 3rd year = level 5 and a BA.

So I asked can I use my level 4 ccld to go onto degree to make upto level 5. She has no idea but doesn't think so.

SO don't know whether to do ccld or foundation degree.

Big prob I have is childcare if I do foundaiton degree as got to go college 1-9pm one day a week, whereas ccld all work based. I don't have childcare.

DILEMA - do i do ccld and then do foundation degree, or do I wait a year and do foundation degree and my son is at middle school and can become a latch door kid.

(sorry, I tried to make a shorted version)

Net xx

I see your dilemma Net, I would suggest that you find out what credits, if any, you can get for the level 4 ccld towards a full degree.

I know my ADCE ( was equivalent level 4 but now recognised level 3 :o ) gives me some credit off the first year, but I've only had a quick look at the OU website, plus I also have Cert Ed which gives some credit (I think).

Maybe you can miss a few modules off a full degree using credit from the level 4 ccld, I would check though if the 'content' is transferable. Apparently this is why the ADCE was downgraded, some colleges didn't deliver certain aspects/ modules that I needed to be credited at level 4. Does that make sense???

Peggy

My NNEB is out of the ark it's so old xD but along with my experience since qualifying and updating knowledge along the way it was enough for me to do the Foundation Degree with the OU. I started in Feb 2003 studying part time and got Cert. EYP(OU) which is level 4 on the NQF, in December 2004. I am now nearing the end of my final course and all being well should have the FD in Feb.07 - level 5 and after that not sure - do I stop or carry on!!! :o

Thanks for the replies.

I have a BTEC national cert in early years education, which is level 3 equivalent.

I am waiting to find out if any credits go towards the foundation degree.

The foundation degree is run in conjunction with the university of bedfordshire at the local college.

Think I have made my decision but await to hear from the degree co ord.

Net x

I would try phoning the CWDC and see if they can offer you any advice - afterall they seem to be in charge o f whats going on and they may be able to help you decide on what you can carry forward - but yes all these variations of things you can and cannot do are not making it very easy at the moment.

Nikki

Hi, i've read your dilemma and the replies and just to confuse matters further (sorry :o ) i see you're from the same area as me and i'm doing the foundation degree at Barnfield College as Bedford times were awkward to me to, (Barnfield 9.30am - 6pm) is it worth checking them out? Anyhow whatever your decision all the very best.

Claire.

Decision made. I have been accepted on the foundation degree course and I am so excited but petrified.

Been told there wil be an exam at the end of term. Maybe should have read the small print.

Did I read somewhere about grants.

Thanx for all your help

Net xx

Well done you will enjoy it, I started teaching modules today not hard looking trought the module handbooks. I cant wait until next week when we start teaching proplerly. :o Lots of reading to do, find a job that fits in with the course etc.

Wait until you get the module handbooks then that will tell you what you need to do.

I have been to college today and loved learning about the course. I have discovered we have a seen exam paper and bring in 2 sides of A4 to use in the exam.

Net you will be fine. :D

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)