Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aiming Higher

Guest Wolfie

Guest DeborahF

Is anyone out there currently working on the "Aiming Higher" quality assurance scheme? We've been asked to do it by our Early Years Dept for our wraparound and out of school club and I'm just wondering how much is going to be involved.

I did the PLA scheme at my last nursery and found that some of the paperwork we had to produce didn't really serve a lot of purpose apart from satisfying the assessor - what are your views on the demands of the Aiming Higher scheme?

• 2 years later...

Hello Wolfie I know this is a couple of years old but can I ask if you completed the aiming higher. We are just starting it and I have to say I have a mixture of exitement and apprehension. thank you

killowengirl

Hi! Well yes, we did complete all the necessary sections and paperwork but our mentor was incredibly slow and inefficient at supporting us and kept forgetting to submit the setting for assessment! I've left that job now, but as far as I know they're still waiting for an assessment visit!

It was definitely worth doing, you just need to make sure that you've got good mentoring and support through the process...and that you get assessed at the end of it! Good luck!

before you go through the pla bcause they are expensive, ask your local authority if they have one, ours is funded through the so we dont have to pay anything. I think y is worth asking

killowengirl

Thanks for that - i shall look into that . the PLA said we might be able to 50% off through funding - but it's still expensive..

I'm interested in hearing views on the scheme anyway - I would like to do it to get the whole team involved in the setting, we're currently at a 'your job - my job' empass at the moment!!!!!!!!!

After many years of having owner/manager who was very much 'in control' .....The setting was sold and they now have a .......... ' Hello ~ I'm just employed like you manager' (Me) who is not going to do everthing at home without pay !! I strongly believe the staff/team need to take ownership, I might add their pay was put up considerably went the setting was taken over (something they often chose to forget) so this is not a totally unreasonable request.

So if anyone has views or advice on the scheme I'd be interested. If it really will not work to bring the team together then I'd have to consider leaving it for a while - as I do not want to end up with 'me' doing all the work!!

xxxx

I have had the first of my network meetings and you really do need all the staff to own this. they need to be part of this, try explaining that ofsted look more favourably on settings that are working towards accreditation and that yo will be putting it all into practice so they need to have some say.

apart from that it is good practice and you cant do it all on your own.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)