Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Kandinsky

Hi there

now I know that some of you will have done the concentric circles so I am looking for some inspiration and ideas for next week. We have planned a colour recognition week and a focus on certain shapes. We thought of getting children to draw on large sheets lots of circles and then transfer this to paint, following at first a chalk outline of a circle... anyone done anything else that I could possibly used. I have seen a display photo in the gallery so any ideas of how you have used them after would be great... I feel that I am running around in circles at the mo having just started in Nursery :o:D:D

with reception we used different sized sticky circles for them to stick on paper. We also used colour magic and the shape tools to produce the same thing. When we used paint each child had one colour and mixed from dark to light or light to dark.

Hope that is of some use :)

I've done Kandinsky's circles as a stimulus before and as well as doing individual circle paintings, it looks really good if you arrange smaller versions of circle paintings into a larger 'whole class' picture. You could also make circle hanging mobiles using different colours and sizes of circles. You can also decorate the back of free internet CDs you get from supermarkets with glitter and coloured glue pens, these look great hanging around. You could also explore the theme with clay or dough for 3D work

Our pre-school have done Kandinsky's concentric circles twice now. We went to our local scrapstore and found loads of different circle shapes like cardboard tubes, pringles pots, lids, jars etc. all different sizes. We then provided dishes of various coloured paints, had a table set up with all the different circles and let the children choose what colour sugar paper they wanted to print on. We then carefully modelled printing one circle, then made a great play of choosing what other object to use to print a circle 'inside' or 'outside' of our circle, but not 'on top of'. We also modelled painting circles, and circles inside circles. Then it was the children's turn, supported by adults as necessary. The overall results are always highly individual and when combined make a stunning display.

Our pre-school have done Kandinsky's concentric circles twice now. We went to our local scrapstore and found loads of different circle shapes like cardboard tubes, pringles pots, lids, jars etc. all different sizes. We then provided dishes of various coloured paints, had a table set up with all the different circles and let the children choose what colour sugar paper they wanted to print on. We then carefully modelled printing one circle, then made a great play of choosing what other object to use to print a circle 'inside' or 'outside' of our circle, but not 'on top of'. We also modelled painting circles freehand with brushes, and circles inside circles. Then it was the children's turn, supported by adults as necessary. The overall results are always highly individual and when combined make a stunning display.

Oops! wanted to edit my post, not do it twice - sorry!

Kandinsky is an artist who uses shape in his work one of his better known pieces consists of concentric circles (having the same central point..........so one on top of another in effect) If you check out the pic I attached earlier you will get a better idea

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)