Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Info

skippy

Hi i'm putting together some info on Birth to Three for parents and am wondering if anyone knows if i can get leaflets telling parents all about tis, if not what info do you give ?? :o

i don't know if there is any inof aorund, im sure there probably is ... if you find some could you PM me where you found it as i would like to do something similar for my parents

Thanks

Dawn

Guest DeborahF

I haven't come across any commercially produced leaflets - you're right, these would be very useful to give out to parents. Maybe you could produce a short info leaflet of your own, using the "Introduction to the Framework" booklet in the Birth to Three Pack? Or maybe do a display in your setting for parents to look at if you have room somewhere - I've seen some lovely displays of photographs of children playing, illustrating the four aspects. I did one to illustrate the six areas of learning in the Foundation Stage and it was a real "crowd puller", lots of parents talked about it and said it had helped them understand what went on in the nursery!

Guest DeborahF

Do you know, I don't think I took a picture of it but I'll have a good rummage over the next day or two and if I find anything I'll post it. I basically used a piece of A3 card for each area and chose a selection of photos of the children at activities covering the full range of stepping stones for each area, putting a couple of comments by each one to explain the learning that was going on. The parents were initially drawn to the display to see if there were any photos of their child but once there they spent quite a long time looking at everything. If I was able, I took the chance to chat with them about it and about the Foundation Stage, answering any questions that they had. Lots of them said it was a really good idea.

The displays that I've seen of Birth to Three have been done along similar lines - you can divide your display area up into four, to correspond with the four aspects, and maybe use backing paper that matches the colours used for the four aspects, i.e. purple, pink, green, blue. Then do a heading for each aspect and choose a selection of photos to show the kinds of activities and experiences that you are providing to help the children develop. Once the parents are there, try and have a chat with them about the display. As far as the parents at my nursery were concerned, I think the display was more effective than anything written that I sent out....I'm sure plenty of my letters were "filed" quite quickly!!!

I will try and find a photo of the display for you.

Guest DeborahF

Hi again....I've searched high and low but can't find any photos of the display I'm afraid - I hope my description has given you some ideas. Shout if you want any more help with it!

I have some information someone emailed to me from either this forum or Under 5's some time ago.

That is a really useful handout, I like the personal slant to it, thanks :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)