Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free Milk

We got our free nursery milk delivered today, and when collected it from the doorstep, it was all Semi-Skimmed.

I rang up the company and they said that it is a decision by the government, that it will now be semi-skimmed, and that I should have been informed of it.

Does anyone else know about this?

I thought that there were recommendations for giving children full fat milk for the first five years, but I've just lookedn on the Food Standards Agency website and semi skimmed is okay from age two. I guess this is all part of the Healthy Eating initiatives that are sweeping the company. I

guess it is our responsibiity (along with the parents) to instill a healthy approach to eating as early as possibe....

Thanks for looking that up Running Bunny. I felt a bit annoyed when I rang the milk company, as I know that we should be encouraging children to eat healthily, but surely milk is milk - and they're taking it a bit too far.

We've decided to buy Full Fat for under 2s, and use the free milk for the older children.

hmmmm,

not heard anything about this, we get an allowance towards our milk (not sure how much, nor if they stipulate how it should be spent, ie semi skimmed, full fat etc). The head office deal with the milk order and so far ours has been arriving as it should be.... that is when it is not pinched off the doorstep.... which i find mightily sad when its quiet clear its a nursery they are pinching milk from, makes my blood boil....

Dawn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)