Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Card Ideas?!

Ok I know it's early :o but....

I like to get my resources order in early!!!

Having moved from pre-school to the younger children, I'm having great difficulty in trying to think of a card for the children to make. I really don't want a card that has had mostly adult input. With pre-school it was a lot more flexible.

I'm stuck xD , it's the same with gifts, in the past the pre-schoolers have made candle holders from clay, table decs, etc etc,

Any ideas gratefully received :D :D :D

Children at this age are just exploring creative media, if it is truly the child's design then just give them access to an assortment of media and some glue and see what happens ( 2 year olds)

Most probably get a lovely dribble of glue ( if they feel inclined to hold the brush/spatula) and that's it.

A card is an adult concept, if you really want to send a christmas greeting why not consider the hand print poem, again may only get a clenched fist print or just a thumb print but I am sure the parents would appreciate the sentiment of the poem and an everlasting reminder of what size their childs hand/thumb/finger etc was when he/she was 1-2 yrs old.

Another idea maybe is a photo of the child at play put on the front of the card, maybe playing with some shredded paper ( snow :o:(xD - well with a little imagination :(:( )

Peggy

Natalie made was sent home with the handprint poem and her handprints on for her first Christmas. It really was the most wonderful thing I have ever been given, and I couldn't stop crying when the staff handed it to me! Sounds a bit extreme, but the words themselves are enough to bring a lump to the throat, without my little girl's handprints (and photo taken in front of the Christmas Tree!). Really sent me over the edge!! It now sits proudly in my kitchen (where I spend most of my time xD ) so I can look at it whenever the housework is getting me down.

I would definately second Peggy's idea (I promise I'm not following you around the forum, Peggy :o !)

Thanks Peggy

I had already decided to use the handprint poem for a calendar! :D

I like the idea of the photos on cards as we already have lots of heuristic play sessions so this would also be good for that, a kind of seasonal heuristic session! :D

Right so that will be tinsel on the resource order!

• 1 month later...

Similar one to the handprints poem.

We make angels from handprints and a footprint (or drawn around foot!!!!)

A small circle for the face and wool for the hair, children choose what colour!!!

Inside we put the follwing:

This little angel is special you see

Because she is a part of me

Her wings are my hands

Her dress, one of my feet

And sat by the tree she'll look really sweet

You can change the last line etc to fit (I am thinking of making tree toppers this year, with "and on top of the tree etc.." instead

We all walked to the post box and posted the cards home to parents last year.

So many were touched, emotional!!

Similar one to the handprints poem.

We make angels from handprints and a footprint (or drawn around foot!!!!)

A small circle for the face and wool for the hair, children choose what colour!!!

Inside we put the follwing:

This little angel is special you see

Because she is a part of me

Her wings are my hands

Her dress, one of my feet

And sat by the tree she'll look really sweet

You can change the last line etc to fit (I am thinking of making tree toppers this year, with "and on top of the tree etc.." instead

We all walked to the post box and posted the cards home to parents last year.

So many were touched, emotional!!

I loved that little rhyme, how cute :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)