Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sick Cleaning

Hi has anyone heard of something you can throw on sick, which soaks it up, removes the odour, and disinfects - apparantly there is something which you can put on the area which magically removes it? I heard that you can then vacuum it up????? Can't see how that works? Wouldn't the vacuum be 'comtaminated?'

Really sorry about the subject matter, but have had 2 children in as many weeks leave a lovely deposit on our carpet and it's a real pain to try and disinfect.

Thanks

Hi yes there are things, we have pellet type things at school but we don't hover them up but I can't remember what they are called. I saw a powder the other day in the consortium catalogue which looks quite good. (Sanitaire Emergency Clean-up page 964)

Like you I'm not too sure about hoovering it up, I would probably brush up what I could and then go over it with a carpet cleaner spray etc.

Jo

HI,

We use powder/granules which does everything you said. Also does wee. We get it from a company called hertfordshire supplies but am sure you can get it from any cleaning/hygiene supply company.

eg - canon hygiene - the company that does the sanitary bins

Hygiene

Net xx

Here are a couple of websites

www.cannonhygiene.co.uk

www.hertsdirect.org/cscs

Net x

hi

we operate within a village hall so have a hard wooden floor. We use sawdust (this was a tip from a primary school i worked in) It soaks it up and then we use a dust pan and brush, kept just for this purpose, then disinfect the area. (not a good idea on carpet :o )

No ones told us that this is not acceptable, and is cheap. :D

Jo