Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pay Scales

:D HI all,

Wonder if anyone can help me, I am trying to develop a payscale for my staff to encourage staff training. Does anyone do this in their settings? We are a full daycare nursery and have many qualified staff with different qualifications. I woud like to bring in the new scales as soon as possible, if anyone can give me some idea of thier payscales I would greatly appreciate your help.

If you dont want to put it as an attachment you can send it as a PM to me.

Thanks in advance

Janie1 :o

Hi

Supervisor - £7.75 per hour - one has no qualifcations but 100 years experience, one is a qualified teacher

Deputy - £6.85 per hour NVQ 3 qualified or DPP

Assistant - £6.20 per hour NVQ 3 qualified or DPP

Paid helper - minumum wage DPP

Hope that helps. 2 staff embarking on Foundation Degree in February.

Deb

HI,

Was really hoping for some sort of payscale like sure start or locla council use scales and bands.

If anyone out there can help I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Janie1 :o

Local authority/SureStart payscales would be a lot higher than what the private sector could even hope to offer (cue discussion on staff defecting to SS nurseries!)

The Professional Association of Nursery Nurses has a payscale which can be found here BUT this is for Local Government Nurseries. At least it gives you an idea of the increments for each scale.

I think that the way Deb has done it is simple and effective. I would start from the bottom up -

• Assistant - unqualified/least experienced - would be on minimum wage according to age
  • Assistant - unqualifed but working towards a qualification
  • Nursery Nurse - Level 2 qualified
  • Nursery Nurse - level 2 qualified and working towards level 3
  • Nursery Nurse - level 3 qualified
  • Nursery Nurse - level 3 qualiifed with additional responsibilities i.e. room leader, SENCo
  • Deputy Manager - Level 3 and above with managerial role
  • Nursery Manager - level 3 or above with managerial responsilbiity

You can add length of service etc into this aswell if it was appropriate for your setting.