Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

She Made My Day

SmileyPR

Yesterday was the 1st day in my class of a child with leukeamia. She is in mantainance treatment, so doing okay. It went well and this morning, as I saw her with mum, I approached to ask mum how were things going. She said "Good :D " and the child jumped very high and hugged me :D ! I hugged her back and told them "This has made my day! It is the best present I can receive!" Other parents have also communicated that their children are happy to be in my class and our school, so that has given me a great push for the beginning of the school year.

I only have a boy who has a lot of difficulties to listen and follow basic rules. He challanges everything, but I already spoke with his parents and he was doing a bit better. Today he was almost like his 1st 2 days at school... but that girl's hug is my inspiration to battle anything :D .

Just wanted to share this with all of you and give you thanks for all what you share in the forum, because in one way or the other, one picks from here and there, like a support team. THANKS :o !

Hi smileyPR not to poach your thread but I had a very similar thing happen last week. i had a little girl start who didn't speak english and her mum is battling with lessons to learn only been here 4months so all is very new to them. the little girl cried the first day as you would expect but did stop after a little while. later in the morning i sat with her and another little girl who also didn't speak english whose home language was spanish. i know a few words in spanish so called a horse a horse (in spanish) and that it was pink and this little girl thought it was great. so we had a good laugh and the other little girl(slovakian) laughed with us even though she didn't understand. I gave her a kiss and laugh and we clapped. the next day the slovakian mother came and said her little girl wanted to come to pre-school because she said Stephenie loves me because she kissed me. I was so touched to think that a hug and a kiss, obviously made her feel so welcome. she has come in every day since and even stays to lunchclub bless her and has not cried since.

thats the things that make working with little children so worthwhile. keep up the good work your parents and children obviously think your doing the right things :D