Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oh My It's Nearly Time.....

beth1

I can't belive it's time to start the Foundation Degree in Early Years course. Where did the last week go, it's going soo fast. We have 1 1/2 days on induction/enrolement over the next 2 weeks and then in the last week of September teaching commences.

Oh I am very exicted and nervious (never did like starting new courses, complex needs) at the same time. I am exicted to start a Foundation Degree - school always said I would never do higher education and I am also nervious as I have a slow to warm up termperament e.g. takes time to adust to new expericences.

Beth

I echo Hali's comments and am sure you will love it :D

I started mine studying part time with the OU in 2003 and here I am doing the final course which finishes in January 2007.

It's been a roller coaster ride at times but overall I have loved it and am actually wondering quite what to do next year!

Another course to top up to BA(Hons) ... who knows but it's a thought :D

One of the things I enjoyed was having a day for me, meeting likeminded people and not someones mum, wife, nursery nurse etc. We also had an hour for lunch and breaks during the day when you weren't doing five other things at the same time! Obviously the stimulating conversation and a chance to futher my knowledge and better myself etc was good too.

Enjoy the challege and all the benefits it brings!

Sharon

It sounds just like doing my CACHE DCE course. My course runs during the day e.g. 10.30 til 4.00 I am guessing the times - will know more next week. The only thing is that I wish I could work where I am on supply all the time, oh well you can't have everything I suppose.

Beth

Beth I have just finished my first day on the course and it was fab!! I already feel like I have 14 new friends...we had an hour for lunch and induction type getting to know you and learning styles games it was a good start hope yours is so positive. :D

Well guys I can't belive its FDEY inducton/enrolement tommorow, aaghhh!!! :DxD:(

I hope like shirel I to will make 14 new friends :( and not to forget new contacts aswell.

I will let you all know how I get on at college tommorow night - long day 9.15am till upto 5.00pm :o

Beth

Hi everyone I have been back from college for around 1 hour, my brain is still swimming with all the information they gave out. I have made 4 new friend unforutatley 3 are on the full time course :( but we think the courses are going to be run in the class toghter. :oxD

I think the information pack they gave out will take me most of the week to digest into the system. Everyone who I talked to is looking forward to starting the teaching. I am hoping this forum will support all those who have started the FD in Early Years this year. :D

Beth

Clare I hope everything is ok I am worried about you now, please let us know your ok about it all. :):)

Or if it's personal sorry for pushing and ignore my post.

Hi. No, Shirel it's nothing personal! I had my money all sorted out for it and then a househole emergency came up (new boiler) and I have had to use all my money for that. There isn't time to apply for anything else as enrolment is on the 25th September and it is the last chance.

Got an email from my best friend today and she got her funding for both years, so whilst she is excited, I'm a bit fed up to be honest, especially as she wasn't really bothered if she went or not.

Feel like I've been robbed. There have only been a couple of things I have wanted to fo in my life. One was to start a family which I have done and the second was to go to uni. I doubt I will go at all now.

Seriously though, I am happy for all of you and can't wait to hear your stories!

Hi Clare, I know it's disappointing but don't give up. I've hit my forties and I still hope to go to on to do the FD by hook or by crook! It's obvious to everyone that you have a true calling and it just might take a a bit longer than you hoped, but better late than never.

Karrie

Clare just wanted to add I never thought I would go to Uni and I am 37 so there's plenty of time, just enjoy your job and family and you never know what will happen, don't be sad, you seem soo lovely. :)

Claire I was told at school that I would never get into higher education in my lifetime. Well I have just proved them wrong, at 26 years old I am going into higher education trough college insted of uni.

Don't give and start to get ready for next years enrolement or go and try to get on the courses with Open Uni if you can. Just keep at it and you will find a way into the FD course.

I agree with what Shirel says in her post.

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)