Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all those who are starting back to school / pre school / nursery tomorrow!

The start of a new academic year is here again (many apologies to those of you who have already started back), This week will see lots of anxious little faces, tears at the gate, worries about little things like 'what if I need the toilet?', 'Will I have any friends?' 'How can I remember the nice ladies's name?', 'Will it ever be time to go home?' etc. (and that's just the staff - not to mention what the new children might be thinking!?) Well, hope everyone has had a good summer and has a smooth start to the new term. Just trying to decide how to relax tonight? I'm going to have a night in front of the telly - just got to choose whether it's Midsommer Murders or Dalzeil and Pascoe . . .

what a lovely thread.

Yep back to it tommorow the holidays have sped past

Nice glass of wine and a soak in the bath for me tonight.

Happy New School Year everyone :o

I am just about to pop up to nursery to check everything is ready for tomorrow, just made the play dough and want to check so as to run smoothly tomorrow, all those plans out the window if we have a few cryers nevermind, quite like the idea of cuddles and reassurring, happy new school year to all of you from me, here goes.......... :D

I wish I was going back to work tommorow xD:( but I have no job to go to. I love to get a job in a school, just think off all the hoildays. :o

Anyway Happy New Year to all who are returning to school tommorow. As where I live some schools are not returning between Tuesday and Thursday this week!

Beth

I'm back on Wednesday, had planned staff development days for Mon / Tues, but I've no staff now :( , well just me and my daughter. :)

Thanks for the reminder ShireL, nearly forgot to make the playdough :oxD .

Happy new Year to all who go back and may it be a hassle free one with lots of positive, enjoyable, happy memories. it will soon be Summer Hols again, just you wait and see how quick the year goes. :(

Peggy

Back tomorrow but I don't expect we will have many children-most of the schools aren't back until Tuesday at the earliest. Still, it will give us time to catch up with one another and spend time with the new children.

Have a great time back everybody.

Linda

I'm back tomorrow after a year away on maternity leave. Am feeling a little rusty and it will also be strange as i am job sharing, and i think we work in quite different ways :o

At least its just a couple of hours tomorrow as we have a training day, then i'm back on wednesday afternoon for ppa time, i'll give me a chance to get used to leaving Ryan before my two full days on thursday and friday. Ryan is on the verge of walking so mum is under strict instructions not to tell me if he takes his first step when she is looking after him xD

Spent today getting bag packed

been to share lovely dinner with good friends

all feeling a little excited but apprehensive

Happy New Year to all who start tomorrow and \i hope all the children are excited about the start as well.

Enjoy

Jo

Guest MaryEMac

We don't go back officially until next Monday, but we are taking Wed, Thurs and Friday of this week as sorting and planning days. We all decided that it wasn't fair if I had to give up some of my holiday to go through our resources. Aren't my staff great?

Mind you, I think that I am ready to get back into a routine and it's not long till half term!!!!!!

Mary

Hope everyone's first day back went as well as mine...only one crying!! Can't believe how the time flew, didn't get much done at all really after tours of school, milk time, lunch,etc - hope tommorrow goes as well!

Guest tinkerbell

Brilliant first day.I think its the calm before the storm....Once they realise they have to come back tomorrow there may be tears.Only 3 mums crying which isn't so bad ....

Tinkerbellx

Great day! 16 new children, no tears from parents or children. They all did as they were told, all shared nicely, tidied up well, had a great time, joined in and 4 can even write their name! I think that my usual class have been abducted by aliens! Still only one day done, time will tell!

Liz x