Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nativity Play

I know it’s a long way off, but can anyone give me some ideas on Christmas Plays.

What books and songs do you use? I rather not do the same one from last year. I feel that we need a change, although I would like to keep it traditional. My school has children from 2-

6 years.

:o

Thanks

Gill

Last year we did Minty's Christmas Tale - it's a bout a mouse who is fed up with his normal tale and calls pon his friend to help him find a new tale. Things get confused and they think he means the Chirstmas nativity tale so it does include the traditional element. The songs are easy to learn and very livley. There is not a lot of script for children to learn and we were told it was our best yet. Children, parents and staff loved it!

hi

We did 'a nursery rhyme' nativity - all the songs were based on the tunes of familiar nursery rhymes to tell the nativity story and so were pretty easy to learn- it had a small script, Year 1 and the confident Reception spoke and it was easily adaptable - I missed out a few of the songs I wasn't so keen on ! It worked really well and the children loved the songs! however I can't remember where it was from - I'll see if i can find out!

Hi

We have used some really good plays called Tinsel, Starlight and Santa's Christmas Factory from a company based in the Midlands but I can't think of the name of the company, sorry, they also do a lovely Easter/Springtime service too. I do know there are also some good plays on this website http://www.grumpysheep.co.uk/index.html, if i remember the other website i will post it here.

:)

Hello,

We love Grumpy sheep productions too. Last year we performed 'Come to the manger', reception and nursery together. The text was simple to follow, many of the reception children were able to narrate and the six easy to learn catchy tunes were still being hummed by the children at Easter!

We were also lucky enough to have a small budget to spend on new nativity costumes. Not sure if the offer is still on but we got fantatsic value costumes buy 1 get 1 free at Woolworths.

This year we are going for another Grumpy sheep production but have yet to decide which one.

Salbo

Salbo we did that one too and even had one of the nursery children singing Little Lamb as a solo in her sheep costume - brought tears to everyones eyes :)

Am looking for one that would be suitable for less than 10 nursery children this year - anyone?

Megsmum

Really sorry to resurrect this post when there's already been so much useful stuff written. You know what start of term is like - I haven't had the time to check the site for a bit!

Our theme for Christmas is Make Believe and we have a very limited budget; Noah's Ark and Grumpy Sheep both look really worthwhile, but does anyone know of any musical from either of those that would fit into our theme? I'd really like to do something with a bit of a 'wow' this year.

Thanks in anticipation. :)

Really sorry to resurrect this post when there's already been so much useful stuff written. You know what start of term is like - I haven't had the time to check the site for a bit!

Our theme for Christmas is Make Believe and we have a very limited budget; Noah's Ark and Grumpy Sheep both look really worthwhile, but does anyone know of any musical from either of those that would fit into our theme? I'd really like to do something with a bit of a 'wow' this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's a while ago when this thread was started but i've finally found the other website I knew of for great nativity plays. I posted a reply in August about the Grumpy Sheep plays the link below is the company who produces starlight, tinsel etc these have been a huge hit with our children and parents.The company is Mew Music hope you find it of some use.

The new one from Out of the Ark is called Tinsel and Teatowels and is about putting on a nativity (make believe :oxD )

http://www.outoftheark.com/products/produc...tails.php?id=51

sorry that is what i meant the very hopeless camel.... :o

Hi Hali - sorry was correcting a much earlier post that said the Hopeless Camel was done by 'Out of the Ark' rather than Grumpy Sheep Music.

:)

SB.

Aha lol - there's just too many camels about!

I can only recommend The Very Hopeless Camel, I don't know much about Humph the camel!

SB:)

i've just been looking at grumpysheep website, have any pre schools tried 'happy birthday jesus'? if so I'd love to hear how it went and if it requires lots of room - we perform ours in a small church. thank you Sandie

This may have been asked before - apologies if so - but are there any that don't require a performing licence, for those groups strapped for cash?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)