Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Books For 0 To 3

Please can you recommend your favourite books for children aged 0 to 3. The books in my nursery are few and far between, and the ones we do have are appalling.

I've started a list of ones to get over time, but would welcome some recommendations.

Hi, I can only tell you about the ones that my own children loved but it's a starting point.

Touch and Feel books - usborne do a nice range of 'That's not my dinosaur/monster/fairy/kitten' etc

Flap Books - Spot was a firm favourite here although all flap books were popular i.e Dear Zoo,Hello Kitty etc. Nursery Rhymes are always nice and familiar.Board books like Whatever Next? Peace At Last, How Do You Feel?, Rainbow Fish,What Do You Say?, Cow Moos, Peep-O! are good and there's a huge choice to select from.

Have fun choosing, I fell quite envious!

Karrie

Guest DeborahF

My two loved the Helen Oxenbury board books - I think one of the series was called "Tickle Tickle" - and also the series of little books by Shirley Hughes, great for talking about everything in the pictures. I remember a firm favourite called Two Shoes, New Shoes by Shirley Hughes but there were lots of others too. Catherine and Laurence Anholt do lots of nice books about little ones too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)