Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Storytelling Using Puppets With 3 - 7 Year Olds!

Does anyone have a good story or idea for making up a story to do to a small group of children age 3-5 years old at a party! I have all the large puppets and use them regulary at school with the children but it is on schoo,lbased ideas - Does anyone have any general ideas on entertaining children. I have been dropped in this at the very last minute and have one day to pull something together!!!!!!!!! I would be very grateful of any help? Many Thanks

Name all or some of the puppets you are using after some of the children in the group, this delights children and really helps them to 'follow' the story.

Have a sketch script but adlib if you feel confident enough. I'm thinking if it's entertainment, children do enjoy slapstick, maybe the story could be about a puppet who wants to do the 'normal' party games and another wants to invent new games, such as Toss the jelly ( instead of welly). Audience participation for part game ideas could come from the older children. The end message of the story could be old and faithful games are good ( because they are familiar and everyone is included because they know them) but also making changes and inventing / sharing new ideas is fun too. :D

just thought all of this off the top of my head, difficult with such a broad age range, hope it all works out, just have fun. :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)