Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent And Toddler Session

Has anyone any experience on running a parents and tots session? Registration, ratios etc. I am thinking of opening one in our school hall. I have recently been visiting a few sessions in the area talking to parents about our nursery, explaining about funding and generally promoting the place. We are an independent 3 to 18 school and I think this may be a way of showing parents the nursery whilst on site for mums and tots. What do you think?

That sounds like a good idea to me!

You shouldn't need to register with Ofsted or adhere to any ratios etc (although good practice would be to 'have regard' to them) as long as you operate for less than two hours per session. Parents would be staying with the children, so it is a different set-up to nursery/playgroup.

I would recommend speaking to your local friendly Development Officer (I'm only saying that as I am one!) PLA representative or Children's Information Service to find out what is currently running in your area and what support or information they can send you.

RB x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)