Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nice Website!

During my early hours trawl through the net, I came across this site:

www.oceangram.com

It is a way of sending virtual messages in bottles! If you click on the cork nearest the lighthouse, you can hear soothing sea noises. It's really nice receiving some messages from all over the world and then sending them back again. It is more exciting if you receive them back from people you know! I have sent one into the 'ocean' for all the forum members, so if you get a chance to look on the site and it comes to you, don't forget to sign it and send it on again! You must make sure that only www.oceangram.com is visible in the address bar and not loads of numbers, otherwise you may not receive messages. You also have to be patient, as it may take a little while for messages to come your way, unless, of course, you open about 4 windows!

Edited by Clare

The lighthouse shows a moving beam across the ocean to let you know that an oceangram is arriving on your beach. The lighthouse stays on until you click on it. The bottles are definate and when it arrives on the beach for you to click on, the little hand appears.

Unfortunately, there is no telling when the messages are going to come in, you just have to be patient. I had about 3 messages within 5 minutes of opening the site, some of them were silly messages from bored kids, but some were really fun or nice.

The only way to guarantee a message is going to come relatively quickly is to open several windows at the same time. Cheeky, but effective! :o

It is running really slowly today! :o I've been on and off for about 2 hours and still nothing. Might be better of an evening?? The lighthouse should keep flashing Marion, that is the only way you can tell that the site is working properly apparently. You will know when a bottle is approaching the beach, because there is a beam from the lighthouse that shines across the screen.

Edited by Clare

I've had 2 now. One was in a foreign lamgauge so I couldn't understand it, the other one said this:

"a few puzzles

26= L in the A

18= H on a GC

9= P in the SS

8= S on a SS

64= S on CB

32= DF at which WF

1000= W that a P is W

my favorite

3=BM(SHTR)"

Made me laugh, because we all did this not that long ago!!!

As I say, some are pretty rubbish, but you do get some nice ones!

Oooooh! Number 3, just said:

nap time

lunch time

chill out time

and on it went :o !

Have you sent one yet Marion? Did you get one yet Hali?

Number 4 of the day had these wise words xD

Family are you most loyal friends and your worst enemy:-)

Edited by Clare

Clare - I've had three messages now. The first said "ha, ha I can see you" - I discarded that. The last one was interesting - asking can you love two people (romantically) at the same time and there were lots of comments. I'm now eagerly waiting for more messages in bottles (but have only sent two myself).

I can feel a message in a bottle activity being planned for my new Reception class - lots of emergent writing - linking to pirates or seaside or something (why do we practitioners hardly ever stop thinking about work)

Hurrah Lola and Louise! Lola, I've just seen you messages, so I'm glad it's all working now! I thought it might be a silly site to post on here, but having only been on it for one day, I'm already (sadly) hooked!!! Doesn't stop me checking in here at every available opportunity though! :oxD

Hi

I just got a message saying hi from people in Boston, Belgium and Ireland (among others).

This site looks like another one I am going to get addicted to (at least in the short term).