Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspections

I have just found out from someone I used to work with that a setting has just had their Ofsted inspection.

When the inspector arrived the children were there and the builders were wandering in and out with their equipment. The staff were sorting out the builders and hadn't got any activities out for the children - who were running riot.

The children then had a meal and staff did not ask them to wash their hands first. The food was given round and their were no plates so they ate it off the table.

Apparently the rest of the day went on in much the same manner, and they came out with Satisfactory!!!!

How appalling!

I'm Speechless :o

Peggy

p.s. Although I do question whether the information came from a member of staff who was present on the day. Was the Inspection for a preschool or a holiday club? Not that standards should be any lower in a holiday club, mind you, just wondering if Inspectors expectations are lower for a holiday club.

Do you think this might be one of those 'urban myths' - I just find it too ludicrous to actually be true xD:o . The holdiay club that usually runs at our setting was not allowed to run this holiday because builders would be in school and they could not guarantee that they would not have access to the same areas as the children!

Hmm.... I wonder was the inspector side tracked by a group of builders!! If so we should all have a group of good looking work men ready to appear for our inspection days!!!!

It was someone who is very involved with the nursery!! Yes it was a holiday club, and no I don't know about the quality of the builders!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)