Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anti-sicial Behaviour In The Playground

I am currently studying at collage and as part of my course i have to complete an action reasearch projectwork. I also work at a first school, where we are currently having problems with fighting and genral anti-social behaviour in the playground this is the area I have decided to carry out my reasearch and I would be gratefull of any advice on how this is dealt with at other schools. thankyou.

Hi there Lyn, welcome to the forum and thanks for making your first post.

Im not an expert in this area, so Im sure other members will have lots to say, but have you as a school pin pointed what the issues are that cause the problems? I do remember one school in our area investing a lot of money in the playground area and on training for dinner staff (as most of the problems occurred then)specifically for this reason, and it worked for them. But this was only done after observing the playground and talking at length with the children about what was happening. This could be something you could consider for you research.

Anyway, Ill give other memebers the chnace to give you some ideas.

Hi,

We've solved a lot of behaviour problems in our school by investing in LSAs and using them in the playground as well as the classroom and providing equipment and ideas for its use for the playground, both at dinner time and playtime.

Unfortunately the dinner ladies are less receptive to the ideas and to the involvement but on the whole we have greatly reduced the sort of problems you describe.

Susan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)