Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sure Start Magazine

Hi Everyone

Just received my copy of the new Sure Start magazine - very interesting on browsing through.

Topics covered included:

Healthy eating for families

New Foundation Stage director

Foundation Degrees

Every Child Matters green paper

Children's Centres

Body Language

and on the 'What's Out There' Section I find the Foundation-Stage Forum mentioned. :D with a favourable review. I've attached a copy to Steve But I apologise for the poor quality as I had to scan it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jill -

If you work with a registered setting you should have received one by now - you can chase them up by phoning 0845 602 2260 and quoting reference SSMAG01.

If you're not, I guess you could call the same number and ask them about alternative ways of getting a copy? I don't think they're available in shops or anything.

Hope that helps!

We had a pretty good experience. We knew the Foundation Stage Forum had been mentioned, so when it hadn't turned up by early January I gave them a ring. As soon as I gave our postcode they knew the name of the nursery and it arrived a couple of days later.

I was slightly startled at how efficient it all was! :o

Guest Jillbetts

:o Dear Diane

I have ordered a copy of the magazine via the web address and will wait to see if I recieve them. Thanks for the help again

Jill

Guest Jillbetts

:o I popped into a Surestart Nursery and asked for a copy of their first magazine and they said What magazine! They had never heard of it and suggested I visited the web site! So I'll wait and wait and wait ......................................

xD

Guest Jillbetts

:o I rang the nice people at surestart and they said they would send my a copy of the magazine, the evenlope can yesterday containing some information but not the information that I wanted :( I then emailed them and asked for a copy of the magazine with a diet for life on the front :D they said that they would send me a copy of that magazine today so I shall wait again for the postman tomorrow xD

Jill

Guest Jillbetts

:o:D:(:)

Hi all

The postman delivered THE magazine this morning, It is Issue 1 winter 2003-04. So I am now going to sit down with a cup of tea and read this long awaited magazine.

see ya........................................

Jill xD:):(

I sit here rather smugly having received my copy of the sure start magazine without any trouble ages ago. Sorrrry. However I knew nothing about it until it popped through the letter box, so it doesn't surprise me that other people are having trouble.

I didn't know there was another out there. Is there or are we all getting confused, excited over nothing?

mobbster

I have only received one-the same as Steve by the sounds of it. I had the impression that was the first and there hasn't been one since. I got mine about the end of January.

Linda

Sorry - that's probably my fault. I misread Jill's post and thought they'd delivered a Surestart magazine but not the one they wanted. But I spoke to some people from the magazine and apparently issue 2 is out next month (March).

So I guess it's a quarterly magazine. Promising journal though?

Today I need cheering up. I attended a Primary Strategy Day for Reception Class teachers. We were told: we must get children to acheive all the ELG's or we are letting our Y1 teachers down. (This regardless of age on entry) We mustn't allow messing about such as arguing over equipment etc in role-play. We must begin a set Lit. and Num. in term 3 because transition should be managed at the end of R and not at the beginning of Y1. Last of all Literacy and Numreacy in outdoor play involved children copying letters on easels outside, filling in 2 missing numbers on a hopscotch, and taking junk box modelling outside. Somebody is in the wrong job and I didn't used to think it was me. :o Have i got it wrong!

Guest Jillbetts

:o Hi

Looking through the magazine it says that it is a quarterly magazine and does not have print date that I can see. So there has only been 1 published that the moment. xD Sorry you are going to have to wait a while for the next issue. :(

Jill

Oh Jacquie, How disheartening. Who organised this? Your LEA? If so, they should really know better :o Was the EYDCP/School Improvement Service involved? Clearly the Education Team of the Surestart Unit need to get to know about this pressure.... hopefully, when transition becomes really hot gossip, things will start to improve in the 3rd term of reception. It can't continue like this, with mixed messages about FS practice and formal learning, can it?