Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

6 Weeks Holidays

beth1

Hey

I just had a thought, does anyone know where the school holidays are going.

All I can remember is that my first 2 weeks went slow and boring week 3 went a little faster and then this weeks just flown by, saying that I have been busy trying to prepare for a little test next week aghh only 5 days to go! Oh also the little matter of being clever writing out 2 week activity plan not 7 weeks - to much to do so little time to do it.

I wonder how the next 2 weeks are going to go, oh my it nearly time to go back to work, how will I cope?

Guest MaryEMac

Know exactly what you mean Beth. Next week I will really have to knuckle down to paperwork as there are only two weeks left.

I suppose it's gone quickly because I have spent a lot of time with my grandchildren and don't they say that time flies when you are having fun? Grandchildren are on holiday this week, so I am dog sitting. Deefa is a lurcher who likes a short walk everyday and then lots of sleep so not too arduous :o:D

Mary

It goes far too fast, although a am now a little bored and feel ready to go back but as soon as i get back i know i will be wishing we were on holiday again!

1st & 2nd week we had 2 lovely 14 yr old foster lads for their holiday, great time going to the seaside, fishing, shopping, bowling, bat & trap etc.

I had planned to go into preschool next week for the annual sorting out etc but thankfully decided to go this week. Currently covered in gloss paint as we have decided to give our cupboards and draw units a makeover.

Next week I shall do all my paperwork. We then have another 14 yr old Foster boy to entertain for a 2 week holiday before going back on the 6th September.

Still, it will soon be Christmas :o ( am I the first to mention Christmas on the forum this year???-sorry xD )

Peggy

well for those of us not getting 6 weeks holiday it'l be over a sight sooner i can tell you.... :o

My 3 weeks leave (which has left me NOTHING for half terms until next financial year) will be over all too soon.

So don't moan!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Ho Hum

Cx

Mine is flying by:-

I love having the children home its the best - pony club, swimming, day trips, holiday, oh and generally looking after everyone throughout, better get some planning done, I have managed the long term and medium now to tackle the weekly planning,

.......well maybe later, fancy a cup of tea and a biscuit and perhaps a magazine (not Nursery World) then we might take the dogs for a nice long walk, finish the day with a nice meal and maybe some wine, ooo sounds good - what nursery work!!

Edited by Guest

Guest tinkerbell

I'm off on my holiday tomorrow..Barcelona for 4 nights..I'm getting excited now,we booked it today.I was supposed to find something for last week but didnt then with the airport worries we have just waited until now.

Spent the first 3 weeks tidying classroom/school with new head teacher so i will have to buckle down to planning when I get back.

Tinkerbellx

I have been in pre-school for the past three mornings, including today! My daughter, who is on holiday from her nursing course, has helped me clean and tidy up-bless her, she is such a good girl. (She won't thank me for calling her a girl-she is 26!!) I am going to do my paper work over the next couple of days and then I am going to do nothing regarding pre-school!!! We are off to Northumbria for a week as from next Saturday, which I am really looking forward to-a cottage near the beach overlooking Holy Island.

But what has happened to the weather????????????????????

Linda

Too late for our holiday but then again our dog doesn't like the very hot weather so it will be better this way. At least we will get to go for walks with him, unlike in June when we were away-he just wanted to stay inside! I just hope the rain eases a little-it has poured here today and for the most of this last week. Well, at least it wasn't nice while I was in work!

Linda