Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre Test Question Help

beth1

I am sitting a test next wednesday to get on the Foundation Degree the tutor thinks my CAHCE DCE is not right for the course and told me to take an A Level.

The question is about explaining the developmental needs of 0-3 or 3-5 years old, then describe how planned programmes or currclum supports childrens development.

I have looked on the internet, and books but do not know how to get started on this topic, I have only 1 week and get all the information required onto 1 A4 sheet of paper.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

:o

Thanks in advance

Have you looked at the proposed new curriculum which combines birth to 3's with Foundation Stage curriculum? You should be able to download it from the QCA website (hope you've got broadband as it takes a long time!) - I guess this would be a good starting point.

Good luck.

Harricroft

This has got to fit on one sheet of A4!? Can you use the B23 framework to get you started and prompt you, or the curriculum guidance for the 3-5 years old. Should be loads of info out there, gather it up and put pen to paper and before you know it you will be at the bottom of the page. Best of luck.

hi, i cant believe they are saying that, we have one girl on our course with no qualifications!!!!! we are having to sit level 2 in basic skills for literacy and numeracy also..... :o

Anyway i would use the BTTM and cirric guidance, ensure you show how the two can be mixed and evaluate at the end. :D

You will be fine im sure, good luck :D

This test question driving me mad, why did I bother xD . Well I can't get funding for it, don't ask!!!

I have managed to get 1/2 a sheet of A4 on the B23.

Trying to work out how to explain the developmental needs of children 0-3 years old is confusing me. Well at least when I did my CACHE L3 DCE we had criteria descriptions to work from.

Even looked at the assignment, but it is based on children who were observed in school.

Sorry to rant on but why is there not a level 4/5 at vocational level, much eaiser to understand for the less acdemic students. :o

i really find this hard to get my head round, obviously different colleges do things diferently, but although the workload has been hard in my first year the cotent really has just been from experience and research...i am so sorry that you feel this way as my first year doing the FD was so fantastic...

Thank you for your help guys.

Lesley T - you was right I have run out of space to write on.

Well it nearly time for the pre entry test, now if only I work out how not to go over 1,200 words eeek!!!! :o

I will try to let you know how it went. :)

Well just to update you all who helped. I am fresh back from the test. I ended up writing on 2 sheets of A4 on both sides-gave up in the end poorly arm!

I will not get to know until next week so it will be a long wait. :o

I have come to some concluson that I may have to wait until the CACHE ADCE has been update to be included as a Level 4 qualification or do a NVQ 4 CLLD?

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what everybody :D

I have a place on the Foundation Degree in Early Years at Bradford College. Yippeee!!!

Now I have found lots of problems with funding arrrggghhhhh!!!!! Can't access this funding, that funding blah blah blah.

I need to find a job very soon or I will miss out on the course. xD:o

Sarah

WELL DONE SARAH!! :D:D:D:D

That's brilliant there is quite few of us starting together (I start in two weeks) so hopefully we can support each other and also ask all of the wise forum members for their support, it is great isn't it, well done again. :D:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)