Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly Planning

This is my first post on here but I am desperately seeking some guidance. I have just taken on my first teaching post and am in a reception/year 1 class. I have all the activities planned in my head but am struggling with where to go form there. I have each of the 6 areas on separate sheets with listed activities for each week. Any adult -led compulsory activities are highlighted in one colour and whole class things in another. I also have separate literacy nad numeracy plans for the week. Most of the activities are child initiated (with some guidance from teacher) how do i strucutre these on a weekly planning format. If anybody has a weekly planning format they are willing to share for reception please help me.

Hi and welcome.

Dont panic!

You sound as if you are well prepared already so you can afford to take things slowly and see what works for you. It may even be a good idea to wait and see if there are any formats that your school favours.

There are some different planners in the resource area and if you do a search you will find others that have been posted.

Good luck and ask if you need more help.

Hi minioel and welcome to the forum As Susan has said try not to panic, you obviously have some ideas of what you want to do. You will need to spend some time at first getting to know the children and the school-there may be lots of help from the staff already working there. So give yourself time to settle in and take it from there.

Linda

Hi minioel , good advice already, just wanted to say WELCOME to the forum. :D

It tends to be a bit quiet during holiday times, but I'm sure more ideas will be forthcoming. :)

Peggy

Hi and welcome from me too. Sorry I can't help you with weekly planning as we plan daily but all the previous advice is good. Have you spent time in your new school and looked at their planning? Some schools insist everyone use the same format so you could be wasting time and effort trying to devise your own.

Just want to say a really big Thank You to everyone who has posted on here - the whole year is a bit daunting but it is nice to hear from people who understand that I don't need to worry so much. It doesnt matter how much my other half tells me not to worry I still was but somehow feel loads better having heard from all of you.

Of cos that doesnt mean if anyone has any ideas I wouldn't love to hear from them.

You're in the right place for help and support! Dont be worried about asking for help we will all do that!

Now enjoy the rest of the holiday, it is racing past at tremendous pace and you need to have had some time out to make sure you are refreshed for next term.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)